PersistentPlayerProfiles

Bouzouki

The player profile is only the appearance.

If you wanted to enter the world with as a different character, you would need to enter with a different Steam ID.

Ya. I've reached that conclusion. Too bad. I love the game, my group got bored with it because of the lack of a PermaDeath solution in MP. I was hoping this would be a work around (a good one, because if it was a lag/glitch death then they could respawn). There was one person who made an API mod that actually deleted the player files, which also would have worked, but I am on Linux and it's a .DLL.

Perhaps some day that option will be added. It surely wouldn't be for everyone, but that's what my collective desires.

Ya. I've reached that conclusion. Too bad. I love the game, my group got bored with it because of the lack of a PermaDeath solution in MP. I was hoping this would be a work around (a good one, because if it was a lag/glitch death then they could respawn). There was one person who made an API mod that actually deleted the player files, which also would have worked, but I am on Linux and it's a .DLL.

Perhaps some day that option will be added. It surely wouldn't be for everyone, but that's what my collective desires.

Some server managers like CPM support a Dead is Dead mode. It works perfectly fine on Linux. Most of the API mods do. ServerTools is the only one I'm aware of that doesn't in the current version. (It was supported in older versions to some extent.)

Or if you have server access, delete the 3 player files. You don’t even need to reboot the server. Works perfectly & takes 10 seconds to do. The only things it doesn’t remove are door/container passwords you knew and your in-game friends.

Or if you have server access, delete the 3 player files. You don’t even need to reboot the server. Works perfectly & takes 10 seconds to do. The only things it doesn’t remove are door/container passwords you knew and your in-game friends.

Perfect solution for us. I like this because if it's a lag death or some other stupid death, we can respawn, if not I can delete the files. Clumsy in a public setting, but the server is right beside me. I am really new at Linux too. Took me a while to find them and test it. Like you said, quick and easy. Thank you very much Star.

Archived