Sign rendering issue

Crater Creator

In a multiplayer game, I noticed that the text on signs is truncated for me in ways that other users say it's not truncated. But isolating the issue in single player, it's hard to verify if I'm getting the expected result or not.

Could someone try replicating the screenshot below by placing each of the three wooden signs with the text string "The quick brown fox jumped over the lazy dog"? Based on results from multiplayer, I suspect other players will see more of the string than I do.

7732FF432F54C718EBDF48F48494E67EA48E8713

• 1 month later...
Hi what settings are you using, I cant get the game to play without stutter. Sorry for the hijack, just not many Mac users on here!

You should've made a new thread; it's lucky that I saw this. But, I have good news!

The "gfx" console command has given me a huge performance increase. If you've opted in to Alpha 17.3 Experimental, open the console and enter "gfx pp ssr 0". When I play on the "low" video quality preset, this increases my framerate significantly. If you need more, try "gfx pp enable 0". You can reverse these settings with "gfx pp ssr 1" and "gfx pp enable 1". I believe they reset when you quit, so you'll need to enter them each time you play. Hope this helps!

You should've made a new thread; it's lucky that I saw this. But, I have good news!

The "gfx" console command has given me a huge performance increase. If you've opted in to Alpha 17.3 Experimental, open the console and enter "gfx pp ssr 0". When I play on the "low" video quality preset, this increases my framerate significantly. If you need more, try "gfx pp enable 0". You can reverse these settings with "gfx pp ssr 1" and "gfx pp enable 1". I believe they reset when you quit, so you'll need to enter them each time you play. Hope this helps!

That flippin worked!!! Nice one, shoud I start a new thread to let Mac users know?

Many thanks mate, really appreciate it. Havent got to a city yet but single buildings and traders work fine, on the lowest resolution i het 80fps and no stutter

Archived