White River - Tools of Citizenship Quests 1.2 & Multiple Languages

ShoudenKalferas

5 minutes ago, Rheyner said:

It was unclickable when I was doing my posts T.T
Did some test using this one:
2024-10-02T21:49:10 2.329 INF [MODS]   Trying to load from folder: 'WhiteRiverToC_Bear_Grylls_Claws'
2024-10-02T21:49:10 2.330 INF [MODS]     Loaded Mod: WhiteRiverToC_Bear_Grylls_Claws (1.1.1.0)

2024-10-02T19:59:12 7890.346 EXC Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: _value
Parameter name: _value
  at PooledBinaryWriter.Write (System.String _value) [0x00003] in <e8e43063270440388d2e6b7642da1a62>:0 
  at NetPackageGameEventRequest.write (PooledBinaryWriter _bw) [0x00007] in <e8e43063270440388d2e6b7642da1a62>:0 
  at NetConnectionSimple.WriteToStream (System.Int32 streamIndex, System.Int32 packageIndex, System.Int32& packagesToSend, NetPackage& package, PooledBinaryWriter& writer, System.IO.MemoryStream& stream) [0x0007e] in <e8e43063270440388d2e6b7642da1a62>:0 
UnityEngine.StackTraceUtility:ExtractStringFromException(Object)
Log:Exception(Exception)
NetConnectionSimple:WriteToStream(Int32, Int32, Int32&, NetPackage&, PooledBinaryWriter&, MemoryStream&)
NetConnectionSimple:taskSerialize(ThreadInfo)
ThreadManager:myThreadInvoke(Object)
System.Threading.ThreadHelper:ThreadStart_Context(Object)
System.Threading.ExecutionContext:RunInternal(ExecutionContext, ContextCallback, Object, Boolean)
System.Threading.ExecutionContext:Run(ExecutionContext, ContextCallback, Object, Boolean)
System.Threading.ExecutionContext:Run(ExecutionContext, ContextCallback, Object)
System.Threading.ThreadHelper:ThreadStart(Object)

2024-10-02T19:59:12 7890.346 WRN Failed writing first package: NetPackageGameEventRequest of size 30. 3 remaining packages in queue.

I'm honestly having no clue on why I'm having issues now.. Unless it's the New York Map itself causing a problem but that wouldn't effect progression no?

I see an "EXC" log entry... but that's not a WRN or ERR. Is causing the console to popup for your players upon login or is this just some random entries from your server's log?
The one WRN you are showing doesn't seem to reference anything in ToC.

Are you sure the above is causing you an actual problem?

14 minutes ago, ShoudenKalferas said:

I see an "EXC" log entry... but that's not a WRN or ERR. Is causing the console to popup for your players upon login or is this just some random entries from your server's log?
The one WRN you are showing doesn't seem to reference anything in ToC.

Are you sure the above is causing you an actual problem?

From what I seen and other players told me is that it would either not allow the completion of the quest or it would let you progress but you couldn't hand it in. But, in the meantime I'll just use admin to give rewards.

It pops up when grabbing steel knuckles/zombie bear bait to complete the current phase in the quest line now that I think about it..

But if I'm the only one having the issue for this quest I'll just put a notice out to let people know to come to me for the quest reward

22 minutes ago, Rheyner said:

From what I seen and other players told me is that it would either not allow the completion of the quest or it would let you progress but you couldn't hand it in. But, in the meantime I'll just use admin to give rewards.

It pops up when grabbing steel knuckles/zombie bear bait to complete the current phase in the quest line now that I think about it..

But if I'm the only one having the issue for this quest I'll just put a notice out to let people know to come to me for the quest reward

I'm not sure what you mean by "grabbing"? The steel knuckles are just vanilla item, so I doubt they would be causing any error. The Zombie bear bait is crafted at a cooking station. How is the bait being grabbed exactly? Are the steps reproducible?

The whole idea behind the release candidates is to work with anyone having problems to try and resolve the issue so that maybe others wont have the same issue. Are you seeing any errors in this quest under 1.1.1.0_rc2? (You've provided me two sets, the first set we concluded was for an old version of code, and the new set didnt seem related)

36 minutes ago, ShoudenKalferas said:

I'm not sure what you mean by "grabbing"? The steel knuckles are just vanilla item, so I doubt they would be causing any error. The Zombie bear bait is crafted at a cooking station. How is the bait being grabbed exactly? Are the steps reproducible?

The whole idea behind the release candidates is to work with anyone having problems to try and resolve the issue so that maybe others wont have the same issue. Are you seeing any errors in this quest under 1.1.1.0_rc2? (You've provided me two sets, the first set we concluded was for an old version of code, and the new set didnt seem related)

The new one is from the newest version. I'm currently unable to test more right now as my host provider servers went down as I was making a backup and it corrupted everything. 

18 hours ago, ShoudenKalferas said:

Modified the Spirit of Vengeance and Amelia's to use chained-quests to separate the ClearPOI quest from the quest to kill the boss. This seems to fix the multiplayer server issue with rallypoint on both quests.

1.1.1.1_rc2 - This is a release candidate (pre-release) version.

https://github.com/XelaNull/7DTD-WhiteRiver_ToC/archive/refs/tags/WhiteRiverToC-1.1_1.1_rc2.zip

Looking forward to your feedback, as in the testing on my own server (with no other modlets installed) it is functioning. As reminder, I am happy to look into any suspected case of modlet conflict, but would just ask that you please point me to the modlet that is conflicting so that I may analyze it and distill the reason for the conflict. The testing that I'm doing at the moment, is on a server with no other modlets installed. I haven't yet worked back up to a heavily modded server. :)

I am aware that the Bunyan's FireAxe and the burning shaft mod aren't working together at the moment (which I consider a minor thing in comparison to recent reports of some quests being wholly broken or interrupting player progress).

So i'm using that version you just released. I updated amelias quest. In the console i can see this error 

2024-10-03T21:05:42 14673.613 ERR Loading player quests: Quest with ID quest_for_amelias_lost_plans: Failed loading objectives

5 minutes ago, ShoudenKalferas said:

Curious if you loaded this up on a new game or an existing save? Is it possible that you already had Amelia quest at time you upgraded?

Existing save. Most players had already the quest on going. 

This is one of the feedbacks i got from the players
image.png.916f3c3bf1b686e71ec91cd7c379105e.png
image.png.a8473b4aa368fe4cbf2117c288d79c49.png

Edited by treemt (see edit history)

2 minutes ago, treemt said:

Existing save. Most players had already the quest on going. 

This is one of the feedbacks i got from the players
image.png.916f3c3bf1b686e71ec91cd7c379105e.png

I believe the error you received probably is related to the fact that the quest was changed up notably. I completely removed the last quest and changed the structure of the second to last quest that was causing issue.

However, people reporting that they are still having issues with the rally point is troubling and probably points to some other kind of conflict maybe with another mod. How many other modlets do you have loaded? If the list is short, would you please provide it?

I'm a bit baffled people would still be seeing issues with this. The quest code is a near duplicate of the vanilla code for rally point. Are other rally point-based quests working on your server?

Depending on where your players are at in the quest, it might be worth asking them to drop the quest and start it over to see if it makes a difference.

7 minutes ago, ShoudenKalferas said:

I believe the error you received probably is related to the fact that the quest was changed up notably. I completely removed the last quest and changed the structure of the second to last quest that was causing issue.

However, people reporting that they are still having issues with the rally point is troubling and probably points to some other kind of conflict maybe with another mod. How many other modlets do you have loaded? If the list is short, would you please provide it?

I'm a bit baffled people would still be seeing issues with this. The quest code is a near duplicate of the vanilla code for rally point. Are other rally point-based quests working on your server?

Depending on where your players are at in the quest, it might be worth asking them to drop the quest and start it over to see if it makes a difference.

The user that i sent the chat has dropped the quest and started over. Also i don't have any other mods which have anything to do with quests. Most of my mods are custom made so it wouldn't help if i gave you the name. How am i going to get rid of that error now? It started since i updated that quest.

9 minutes ago, treemt said:

The user that i sent the chat has dropped the quest and started over. Also i don't have any other mods which have anything to do with quests. Most of my mods are custom made so it wouldn't help if i gave you the name. How am i going to get rid of that error now? It started since i updated that quest.

Okay so on my test instance, I just checked and I have this showing up for a couple different quests. Upon closer inspection of this it appears tied to completed quests that user has completed in the past and still has within their completed quest history. This is likely due to completing the quest with one set of objectives and then later the quest having been coded for a different set of objectives.. hence the error saying that it cant load some of the objectives.

Sadly, the UI doesnt let you remove completed quests even though there is a remove button. I believe the only way to clear the error is to clear the quest history. :(

You could consider rolling back to previous version of those quests, as another alternative

14 minutes ago, ShoudenKalferas said:

Okay so on my test instance, I just checked and I have this showing up for a couple different quests. Upon closer inspection of this it appears tied to completed quests that user has completed in the past and still has within their completed quest history. This is likely due to completing the quest with one set of objectives and then later the quest having been coded for a different set of objectives.. hence the error saying that it cant load some of the objectives.

Sadly, the UI doesnt let you remove completed quests even though there is a remove button. I believe the only way to clear the error is to clear the quest history. :(

You could consider rolling back to previous version of those quests, as another alternative

Well i just tried it in single player with no mods except yours. I got thisimage.thumb.png.f0a94b0954b349ee8da167783526b80d.png. I don't know whats going on.

2 hours ago, treemt said:

Well i just tried it in single player with no mods except yours. I got thisimage.thumb.png.f0a94b0954b349ee8da167783526b80d.png. I don't know whats going on.

Understand that the game was not generally designed to go swapping around modlet versions (Within a gamesave), generally speaking. If there is something wrong in the coding, I'll fix it. But to be sure, you need to test with a new game. If you load a new modlet version up with existing save, maybe it will work and maybe it won't. I do generally strive to write my code so that it is backwards compatible but that is not always possible.

Based on you and Rheyner reporting continued issues with Rally points, I just spent last two hours rewriting the portion of code in this quest to completely remove the rally point altogether. I'll post another release candidate in a bit that contains this change. But please know the same will be true, it's generally recommended to install on a fresh game and if you choose to upgrade on an existing game you should make sure to take backup first and expect that things may not work out perfect.

Some things are in my control as a modlet designer, and some things are not. :(

Edited by ShoudenKalferas (see edit history)

Please have a go with this one. I tested it out in a new game locally, which generated no errors and I was able to work Amelia's quest end to end. I then loaded it up on my server, which did show a couple similar EXC messages in the console (but didn't cause the console to open automatically) indicating that the Quest objectives couldn't be loaded. On this (test) server I have completed many quests across variations of modlet verisons so I'm not surprised to see this. I ran through the entire quest end to end and it worked for me and generated no errors. I also have a few extra modlets on my server, but not many.

Hope ya'll see better luck with this third release candidate:
https://github.com/XelaNull/7DTD-WhiteRiver_ToC/archive/refs/tags/WhiteRiverToC-1.1.1.2_rc3.zip

If this works out in your testing, I'll change up Spirit of Vengeance similarly so that the entire pack would be free of rally points.