loot drop

UbberN00ber

i have tested this and its not working

<ZombieLootDrop>

<!-- Changes loot drops from .02 range to 1 -->

<set xpath="/entity_classes/entity_class[@name=zombieTemplateMale]/property[@name=LootDropProb]/@value">1</set>

<!-- Adds more TimeStayAfterDeath to EntityLoot (from 5 min to 20 min) -->

<set xpath="/entity_classes/entity_class[@name='zombieTemplateMale')]/property[@name='TimeStayAfterDeath')]/@value">600</set>

</ZombieLootDrop>

if i see this right you need the Dropchance for every zombie

and the timer should be in the dropped bags

so is this correct?

<ZombieLootDrop>

<!-- Changes loot drops from .02 range to .25 -->

<set xpath="/entity_classes/entity_class[contains(@name, 'zombie')]/property[@name=LootDropProb]/@value">1</set>

<!-- Adds more TimeStayAfterDeath to EntityLoot (from 5 min to 10 min) -->

<set xpath="/entity_classes/entity_class[contains(@name, 'zombie')]/property[@name='TimeStayAfterDeath')]/@value">600</set>

</ZombieLootDrop>

Wolfgang did a modlet for dead disappear quickly but also stated in the mod that Zombie loot stays a lot longer along with the back pack.... https://github.com/PVWolfgang/wolfgangMods

<set xpath="//entity_class[starts-with(@name, 'EntityLootContainer')]/property[@name='TimeStayAfterDeath']/@value">1200</set> 

Which is 20 mins for a dropped loot bag, someone else did a modlet for higher loot drops

ok so it should look like this? reason i ask for the loot drop is that i havent found any to work so im testing this one

Code:

<ZombieLootDrop>

<!-- Changes loot drops  -->
<set xpath="/entity_classes/entity_class[contains(@name, 'zombie')]/property[@name='LootDropProb']/@value">1</set>

<!-- Adds more TimeStayAfterDeath to EntityLoot  -->
<set xpath="//entity_class[starts-with(@name, 'EntityLootContainer')]/property[@name='TimeStayAfterDeath']/@value">600</set>

</ZombieLootDrop>

<!-- Increase loot drop chance -->
	<set xpath="/entity_classes/entity_class[@name='zombieTemplateMale']/property[@name='LootDropProb']/@value">0.15</set>

Which is identical to your first post and is part of the better balance mod so in thoery your code should work

<set xpath="/entity_classes/entity_class[@name=zombieTemplateMale]/property[@name=LootDropProb]/@value">1</set>

Give it a try with your version and see ..maybe it will work too , although when i was testing my find bycycles modlets setting prob to 1 was buggy , worked fine at 0.95 and below

i tried the zombieTemplateMale one and it never worked when i look in entity classes each class have their own loot prob.

They all extend from that entity so I can not see why it does not work to be honest ... and setting at 1 does not mean you get a bag at every zombie death.

ok so it should look like this? reason i ask for the loot drop is that i havent found any to work so im testing this one

Code:

<ZombieLootDrop>

<!-- Changes loot drops  -->
   <set xpath="/entity_classes/entity_class[contains(@name, 'zombie')]/property[@name='LootDropProb']/@value">1</set>

<!-- Adds more TimeStayAfterDeath to EntityLoot  -->
   <set xpath="//entity_class[starts-with(@name, 'EntityLootContainer')]/property[@name='TimeStayAfterDeath']/@value">600</set>

</ZombieLootDrop>

looks very close.. I would also add a 2nd contains variable and you also had double // on your EntityLoot

<ZombieLootDrop>
<set xpath="/entity_classes/entity_class[contains(@name, 'zombie')]property[contains(@name='LootDropProb']/value">1</set>
<set xpath="/entity_class[starts-with(@name, 'EntityLootContainer')]/property[contains(@name='TimeStayAfterDeath')]/@value">600</set>
</ZombieLootDrop>

looks very close.. I would also add a 2nd contains variable and you also had double // on your EntityLoot

<ZombieLootDrop>
<set xpath="/entity_classes/entity_class[contains(@name, 'zombie')]property[contains(@name='LootDropProb']/value">1</set>
<set xpath="/entity_class[starts-with(@name, 'EntityLootContainer')]/property[contains(@name='TimeStayAfterDeath')]/@value">600</set>
</ZombieLootDrop>

The code sample is from wolfgangs modlet which I am using and for this entry in his xpath this works even with //

<set xpath="//entity_class[@name=zombieTemplateMale]/property[@name=TimeStayAfterDeath]/@value">9</set> <!-- Zombie dead bodies stay for 6 seconds -->

Anyway I hope you get this sorted I am off to bed ...

- - - Updated - - -

just curious why would setting it to "1" not drop on every death?

I dont know to be honest it probably a bug or something to do with rolled probabilities or 1 does not equal 100%

So I looked at all the instances of prob= and noticed that the highest is 10 which is on spawning football and cheerleader zombies specifically in a football stadium. We don't see loot with that high of a prob= so I decided to try chaning the LootDropProb to 10 and spawned 25 zeds, after all were dead I had 25 loot containers.

It appears we need a 1000% for it to be guaranteed? this is not tested thoroughly though.

Archived