Solo player without cheating = Unplayable game !?

niok35

Is it possible to play game, as a solo player, without cheating ?

I know the game since A11 (or before)... and i try to play without cheating... and it's quite impossible to stay alive with food problem, zombie agression,...

The game is NOT design for SOLO player. And did the FunpPimps try to play solo, without cheating ?

You can thrive solo, it's even easy once you figure out how things work now. Blood moon horde AI is currently working off an omniscient A* CS301 student-project pathfinder, brutally cheese-able but still lots scarier than the older versions and frustrating as hell for people who don't expect the Spanish Inquisition to show up with their soft pillows and comfy chairs.

I don't understand threads like this.

I'm playing with default settings, and have added mods to make things even more challenging. I still have zero issues with solo play.

And to add to this, even if you do have some issues with the defaults, you can change the settings to adjust it.

And if you don't like that, there's an entire forum section dedicated to mods.

The game is originally designed for solo play.

The game is not designed so you can be God by level 50 anymore.

Which is probably where this comes from. People trying to play a17 like they played all the previous Alphas. It's not the same. Hell, in my opinion one of the biggest things missing from the previous builds was the survival challenge.

Seriously though, I just started a new game yesterday. It's day 4. I have 4 storage chests full of supplies I've looted.

As for food/water I have the following...

10 Murky water

2 Fresh water

16 Red tea

4 beer

26 empty glass jars

1 Can Chili

1 Can pasta

1 Can pears

3 Can Sham

73 raw meat

2 eggs

20 Bacon and Eggs

The only resource that's been a struggle at all is getting stone for making arrows.

I'm level 8, I've had 5 deaths, and I've killed 117 zombies. Most the the materials I have are from looting a grand total of two POI's, and each POI took 3-4 trips just to keep all the stuff without being super encumbered.

Is it possible to play game, as a solo player, without cheating ?

I know the game since A11 (or before)... and i try to play without cheating... and it's quite impossible to stay alive with food problem, zombie agression,...

The game is NOT design for SOLO player. And did the FunpPimps try to play solo, without cheating ?

Yes it is, you can play it Death is death on vanilla settings (and harder) on solo fine.

So dont missunderstand me when i say "Start on easy"

I did the same. After i died the first days in experimental a few times i set the difficulty lower until i got used to A17.

Now i played Death is death on Default settings without any problems, and i am sure i can do it on Higher difficulty settings too.

But to tell the truth. A16 i played allways on insane Death is Death and it feeled good.

(Since last few games)

A17 i play on more or less Default settings + a mod that remove the pain from startgame (and make it easyer this way (if you consider 1% Difficulty reduced to 0.5% Difficulty a perceivable difference)) and it feels so right as A16 insane did.

As soon as you adapted A17 is not really harder than A16, only not so boring (In a 16 i played in night as i did on day. In A17 i do still all things at night except raiding pois, but i need to be more carefull)

Some stated changes for A17.2 (@ traders) will break my way to play btw.

I will adapt. At least i guess so.

Archived