Alpha 17 display driver stopped responding and has been successfully recovered - AMD

D3ST

Hello, im playing 7D2D for like 2 years, but now when im playing alpha 17 and higher, everytime i die, or take weapon to hand or spawn vehicle, i everytime got black screen and then my game stopped working and like 1 minute after it my program for drivers will show this message.. ''display driver stopped responding and has been successfully recovered'' help please, i tried editing registers, i was trying -force-d3d9 and i quit programs running in background but still its happening, in older versions like 16.4 my drivers aren't crashing... Specs: Win 7 Home Premium,AMD Sapphire HD 5770,AMD Phenom II X4 955 BE, 8 GB Ram DDR3 :)

Apart from RAM your computer is fairly low-end for the current Unity engine used in A17 (taking into account the game requirements as well).

Not to mention, running Windows 7 + this graphics card means your drivers are probably at least 2-3 years old.

I am not sure if there is a solution other than buying a newer graphics card.

Try installing Crimson Edition 16.2.1 Beta drivers. See if that helps.

That error is a GPU issue, not a client issue.

Most common causes are bad caps, clogged cooling, case overheating, and bad/corrupted drivers.

In Win7 with some drivers the timing for the crash detection is wrong and needs to be changed. It's been a few years since I ran into an issue like that though.

Thanks for help guys, but my PC isn't overheating, GPU is 45 degrees on 7D2D and CPU 50 degrees, i will try to download that beta drivers. thanks

- - - Updated - - -

But, yesterday my friend was having same issue, but he has nvidia graphics, he just typed to starting options: -force d3d9 i was trying to do the same, but everytime i launch game i don't have DX9 but DX11... Im sorry for my english. :)

Guys, Windows 7 is still supported. Just because somebody chooses to run 7 does NOT mean the drivers are outdated. Also, constantly updating drives causes more issues than it solves. The correct thing to do is read patch notes and, if the new driver in question affects your game or games in a way which helps you, then you update. The old adage "If it ain't broke don't fix it" works VERY well with computers.

His video card appears to be quite dated though.

I run win7 too

No issues with 7D2D

(except 2 memory Access errors since eac updated, but thats a other topic)

But i know this

"Display driver stopped responding and has been successfully recovered "

I have that allways on ONE website with videos and that started after i updated my video drivers

Could you list the currently installed version of your drivers? is that 16.2.1? I should still have a 5670 around somewhere and might have some time on my hands later on in the week to see what that card does.

I'd also be interested in what output resolution you're using; just to try and match up variables where-ever possible.

Archived