Are human NPC enemies planned in the devs' roadmap?

apostrophe

I'm still new to the game, and so far, the zombie type of enemy is just fine to what the game essentialy is.

But I'd like to ask if there's the possibility of the devs adding new NPCs, of the raider/scavenger/bandit sort?

This is certainly a tall order in coding and programming. Maybe for a start they could spawn in POIs and just stand there, patrolling about; and in the future, they could attack your position, or have their owns agendas in the wasteland (caravans from biome to biome; felling trees for construction of their houses; POI scavenging parties).

Using stealth on them would make the skill more valuable and fun, me thinks.

Anyway, cheers.

They really do have the foundation there, which is why some great mods like darkness falls do it already, an yes it's basic ai only right now.

They planned to officially give us npcs a looooong time ago but the game and engine needs a lot of work yet so it's done right when they do it.

When ya get bored with a17- check out some of those mods, it's like a whole new game.

When ya get bored with a17- check out some of those mods, it's like a whole new game.

I think I'm still green to wander from the vanilla. I go straight to mods only the base game sucks, which's not the case here. In the future I'll ask for mod recommendations.

I'm still new to the game, and so far, the zombie type of enemy is just fine to what the game essentialy is.

But I'd like to ask if there's the possibility of the devs adding new NPCs, of the raider/scavenger/bandit sort?

This is certainly a tall order in coding and programming. Maybe for a start they could spawn in POIs and just stand there, patrolling about; and in the future, they could attack your position, or have their owns agendas in the wasteland (caravans from biome to biome; felling trees for construction of their houses; POI scavenging parties).

Using stealth on them would make the skill more valuable and fun, me thinks.

Anyway, cheers.

I agree to whatever this poster wants simply because Frank is their avatar.

Archived