Guide: How-To download almost every past Steam version of 7 Days To Die from Steam

Red Eagle LXIX

8 hours ago, 7daystodierocks said:

tried finding it in steam but couldnt for the life of me XD I would appreciate a step by step if you dont mind :)

1. Open Steam.
2. Open Library with your games.
3. Right click on 7 Days To Die.
4. In menu click on Betas.
5. Under "Select the beta you would like to opt into:" click the down arrow at right of box.
6. Use scroll bar to right in box to click on the version you wish to play.
7. Enjoy.

EDIT: Didn't notice you had answered Meganoth. I just hit the notification button and took me to the quote of my post and I just quoted his post and answered.

Edited by Gamida (see edit history)

1 hour ago, Gamida said:

1. Open Steam.
5. Under "Select the beta you would like to opt into:" click the down arrow at right of box.
7. Enjoy.

EDIT: Didn't notice you had answered Meganoth. I just hit the notification button and took me to the quote of my post and I just quoted his post and answered.

TYVM did not know that :)

On 11/14/2021 at 5:10 PM, Gamida said:

1. Open Steam.
7. Enjoy.

Your answer is definitely a step up over my rather compressed explanation. Improving my answer would mean to just let it point to yours. 😉

It would just have gnawed at me if I thought anyone was thinking I didn't think your answer was good enough and added one I thought was better. Especially since so much time had passed between your answer and mine. My Canadian/Newfoundlander side not wanting anyone to think I was rude :D

• 2 months later...

I have tried again to get some earlier games and I did manage to get a couple but most would not work. I would still like it if someone that did get any version from 5 to 7 to work to put in the exact command they use so the rest of us could do a copy paste. For instance I did get a version of 5 (iirc) to work by using "download_depot 251570 251571 5316387393437744190" (no quotes)

• Roland pinned this topic
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

You could use the info to get A5 to A7 above. I have (thought I had) all of them but for some reason I am missing A6...will have to see if I can get it. As for A1 to A4. From what I understand those were before 7 Days was on steam so no luch in getting those as far as I know.

• 2 months later...
  1. Click "Steam Beta Update"
  2. enter alpha<version number> example: alpha16.1.
  3. Click "Execute"
  4. Wait for the update to finish.
  5. Click "Steam Beta Update"
  6. enter alpha<version number> example: alpha16.1.
  7. Click "Execute"
  8. Wait for the update to finish.

• 1 month later...

Open Steam
Click on your library
Right click on 7 Days To Die
Click on Properties
Click on Betas
Click on arrow in box under "Select the beta you would like to opt into:
Click on the version you want  (goes from alpha 8.x to alpha 20.x)
Let it download
Play

For versions 5 to 7 you have to use the other method mentioned

EDIT: I had completely forgotten I had already answered similar question back in 2021. Well either one would get you there. :)

5 hours ago, DarkKatzy013 said:

@Gamida Ok cool well i should have been more specific about my confusion on that , as such this as a example

download_depot 251570 251576 6548888709412020723 

how do i find the first set of  numbers ?

I didn't use any of those to get any of the alphas from 8 to 20.  I just used Steam to get them.

I only used those to get versions 5, 6 and 7, but for some reason I think 6 I never got as some trouble with it so I just have the 5 and 7.

Was there a specific version you were looking to download? I haven't did it in quite a while so I would probably have to go through the whole process myself just to remember.

Or there may be someone who knows more that could just put the exact thing you need to add to get what you are looking for.