Settings to disable digging zombies. Need some advice.

Darronus

I already asked this question in General Discussion, but, probably, it is more correct to ask here.

I want to protect the underground base and the surrounding area from insane shrews (zombies). I like the idea of ​​a safe place. I also like getting supplies like the Walking Dead series. I know that damage from zombies can be reduced in the xml file. Please tell me more. I wish that they could not break the concrete, could not dig, but could destroy the wooden structures and cause normal damage to the players. At the same time, I would not like to break their special abilities (a special attack of a zombie police officer, for example). If there are other options besides editing the xml file, please tell me. Mods for example.

Thanks in advance for the advice.

Sorry for google translate.

All you need to do is put this on all the zombies hand items

<passive_effect name="DamageModifier" operation="perc_add" value="-.99" tags="earth"/>

That should at lest slow them down a good bit. It will make them do only 1 damage per hit to soil types

All you need to do is put this on all the zombies hand items

<passive_effect name="DamageModifier" operation="perc_add" value="-.99" tags="earth"/>

That should at lest slow them down a good bit. It will make them do only 1 damage per hit to soil types

That’s the best you can do for now. TFP is adding more options to disable this so won’t be an issue much longer.

The developers did not specify in which update they will add these settings?

I don't recall them saying they were removing or adding an option to remove it at all. I DO recall Madmole saying it was intentionally added to remove safe underground bases, and that it was a permanent ai enhancement.

The best you'll probably be able to do is the above nerf, but zombies get a block damage buff when together and on horde nights they are still probably going to dig down fast enough.

• 3 months later...

Archived