Increased sleeper respawn delay + other stuff

Dimpy

Hey, here are some alternate XML files you can use instead of spawning.XML for A17.

The first one, "newSpawning", increases the respawn timer in POIs from 5 days to 30 days, so you don't have to clear everything out as often.

The second one, "betterSpawning", does that too, and also increases the spawn rate of zombies on city streets and in the wilderness to a lesser extent.

the third one "finalSpawning", does all that and also has less sleepers in pretty much all POIs. (about half as many)

all three, as well as the original, are contained in this: [ATTACH]26985[/ATTACH].

To implement the mod, I believe what you need to do (can someone back me up on this?) is choose the version you want, then paste it into the file path

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\7 Days To Die\Data\Config. Delete the original

from the config file and rename the overhaul "spawning.xml". The changes should take effect when you start the game.

I haven't done any real balancing on the numbers, just a gut feeling first approach, so feedback is more than welcome.

spawning overhauls.zip

Hey, here are some alternate XML files you can use instead of spawning.XML for A17.

The first one, "newSpawning", increases the respawn timer in POIs from 5 days to 30 days, so you don't have to clear everything out as often.

The second one, "betterSpawning", does that too, and also increases the spawn rate of zombies on city streets and in the wilderness to a lesser extent.

the third one "finalSpawning", does all that and also has less sleepers in pretty much all POIs. (about half as many)

all three, as well as the original, are contained in this: [ATTACH]26985[/ATTACH].

To implement the mod, I believe what you need to do (can someone back me up on this?) is choose the version you want, then paste it into the file path

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\7 Days To Die\Data\Config. Delete the original

from the config file and rename the overhaul "spawning.xml". The changes should take effect when you start the game.

I haven't done any real balancing on the numbers, just a gut feeling first approach, so feedback is more than welcome.

You should make this into an XPATH modlet instead. This way, the user just need to place your mod into a mod folder instead of changing the game files themselves. XPath Modding Explanation Thread

Also, I tried to change the Spawning XML before and was unable to get the changes to take affect. I found that this setting was likely hard coded still without TFP knowing. Unless they fixed this, I am not sure it will work :(

Let me test this out really quick with your mod though :)

You should make this into an XPATH modlet instead. This way, the user just need to place your mod into a mod folder instead of changing the game files themselves. XPath Modding Explanation Thread

Also, I tried to change the Spawning XML before and was unable to get the changes to take affect. I found that this setting was likely hard coded still without TFP knowing. Unless they fixed this, I am not sure it will work :(

Let me test this out really quick with your mod though :)

Just tested with a brand new world. It does indeed still spawn every 5 days with your 30 day delay mod installed. Now I did test with using the settime command, so it is possible that having this run naturally will work. I have yet to test this.

This was a great idea and I wish it would work, but I don't think it will until they fix that :(

Just tested with a brand new world. It does indeed still spawn every 5 days with your 30 day delay mod installed. Now I did test with using the settime command, so it is possible that having this run naturally will work. I have yet to test this.

This was a great idea and I wish it would work, but I don't think it will until they fix that :(

Too bad...

On the bright side, the "other stuff", increased biome spawn and decreased POI sleepers is really fun. I thought Clear Out Zombies quests would be a little easier since there are less zombies to kill, but what happens is the wandering zombies (and Dire Wolves, as I found out) will hear the fighting and come investigate, and I have to fight them on two fronts. In order to be able to loot the POI, you actually have to be able to defend it for a bit, and it fits perfectly with the whole tower defense theme. It just feels right.

Anyway, I'll definitely make this into a modlet sometime.

• 1 month later...
Too bad...

On the bright side, the "other stuff", increased biome spawn and decreased POI sleepers is really fun. I thought Clear Out Zombies quests would be a little easier since there are less zombies to kill, but what happens is the wandering zombies (and Dire Wolves, as I found out) will hear the fighting and come investigate, and I have to fight them on two fronts. In order to be able to loot the POI, you actually have to be able to defend it for a bit, and it fits perfectly with the whole tower defense theme. It just feels right.

Anyway, I'll definitely make this into a modlet sometime.

could you make a modlet for just less zombies in poi please only

thanks

Archived