Cooking/Physician mixed with Mechanics under INT?

RyanX

I must say that while the new perk system is intriguing, some of it makes it weird. So in MP my wife likes to do the cooking/medicine stuff while I do the mechanical/construction stuff. We both have to spec into INT to do what we like which makes MP less specialized now. Let's be honest, I work in the medical field with highly intelligent doctors, but they dont have a lick of mechanical sense. Seems some these heavy crafting items would be more suited under strength. Physician/cooking is more artsy fartsy than forges and workbenches.

I must say that while the new perk system is intriguing, some of it makes it weird. So in MP my wife likes to do the cooking/medicine stuff while I do the mechanical/construction stuff. We both have to spec into INT to do what we like which makes MP less specialized now. Let's be honest, I work in the medical field with highly intelligent doctors, but they dont have a lick of mechanical sense. Seems some these heavy crafting items would be more suited under strength. Physician/cooking is more artsy fartsy than forges and workbenches.

I suspect there will always be a little of this in game.

Without having too many categories and a point system that gets overly complicated, there's going to be minor issues like this.

This might be one of those things we just have to grin and bare it.

They should make the attributes cost a flat 1, make the perks cost scale (since they get more powerful at higher levels), remove attribute requirements from perks (so the attributes are cheap and just give their same bonus as always), and give us more points per level.

They should make the attributes cost a flat 1, make the perks cost scale (since they get more powerful at higher levels), remove attribute requirements from perks (so the attributes are cheap and just give their same bonus as always), and give us more points per level.

You know ... I wonder just how many iterations TFP will go through before finally settling on something.

The good news is that they are willing to test out new ideas and really are taking player feedback.

This might actually work out really well in the end.

You know ... I wonder just how many iterations TFP will go through before finally settling on something.

The good news is that they are willing to test out new ideas and really are taking player feedback.

This might actually work out really well in the end.

Lets pray and hope for the best :cower:

I agree that it will work out well. I just hope TFP let's things sit a bit and not take knee jerk reactions to polls and forums posts. I was thinking that making the attribute stats go up by use like the old system, and everything else be under the new system (not gated) might work well. INT goes up by crafting, STR by melee and so forth.

Possessing a lot of strength won't do you much good if you don't have the intelligence (which I see as a proxy for knowledge) to build something like a forge.

Archived