Help - Increasing item mod slots past 6

spRonin

Does anyone know if the amount of mod slots an item can have has a hard-coded max?

I'm using this in a modlet, but the most slots the item ends up having is 6.

<set xpath="/items/item[@name='gunMR10']/effect_group[@name='Base Effects']/passive_effect[@name='ModSlots']/@value">0,9</set>

Thank you.

I have been messing with this myself. I think if you set it to over 6 it does have more than 6, the UI just doesn't display them. It seemed like I put a mod on a gun with 6 mods already and the mod just disppeared, I'm pretty sure it was installed but I couldn't see it. This is my attempt to fix, haven't been able to try it in-game yet.

(XUi/windows.xml)

<set xpath="/windows/window[@name='windowAssemble']/panel[@name='content']/rect/rect/grid[@name='parts']/@rows">9</set>

whats up gays would this code made all items with a modslot 9?

<set xpath="/items/item/effect_group[@name=Base Effects]/passive_effect[@name=ModSlots]/@value">0,9</set>

I can't say for sure as I am still learning xpath modlets but you don't have any way to the names of the items to be changed. So it isn't changing any items at all. There might be more wrong but that is what leaps out at me right away.

I can't say for sure as I am still learning xpath modlets but you don't have any way to the names of the items to be changed. So it isn't changing any items at all. There might be more wrong but that is what leaps out at me right away.

xpath is used to select the thing you want to change. It can select multiple things.

Without the name selector all items with a <passive_effect> named "ModSlots" will be changed.

Details:

/items/item/ - Start of path to target nodes / values

effect_group[@name=Base Effects]/... - Limits the target to be inside named "Base Effects", ignoring all others

passive_effect[@name=ModSlots]/ - Same, target is inside ModSlots passive effects nide

/@value - The target is the attribute "value"

I don't know how to explain it better, hope it makes sense.

• 8 months later...
Does anyone know if the amount of mod slots an item can have has a hard-coded max?

I'm using this in a modlet, but the most slots the item ends up having is 6.

<set xpath="/items/item[@name='gunMR10']/effect_group[@name='Base Effects']/passive_effect[@name='ModSlots']/@value">0,9</set>

Thank you.

can you give me the modlet please?

Archived