A simple request

enragedcamel

Would it be possible for the devs (or QA testers) to be a bit more forthcoming about when a new build is planned for release? Not asking for any hard dates, just a "a new build is being tested, if it passes tests we hope to have it released today or tomorrow" would be awesome.

It would be total chaos if that "today or tomorrow" wasn't fulfilled lmao

Would it be possible for the devs (or QA testers) to be a bit more forthcoming about when a new build is planned for release? Not asking for any hard dates, just a "a new build is being tested, if it passes tests we hope to have it released today or tomorrow" would be awesome.

That's not going to happen, and for numerous reasons. Don't get me wrong it would be lovely, but it's impractical and uses resources that could be used for bug fixing.

If you follow the dev diary stuff, that normally gives you a decent head's up of what's coming down the line and roughly when.

TFP got a lot of shade with the "delay" to A17Exp, I don't see them going out on a limb with exact release times/dates. It's also not the way they seem to do things, as anyone who's followed 7DtD through it's various alphas will have seen.

Then you'll (or maybe not you, but many here) just be upset when it doesn't pass and get released, and it'll cause endless raging debate and the sky is falling threads.

FYI Roland just mentioned on the current poll thread that the devs are on build 213 as of last night, and I'm sure someone will twist that into "a new build will be released today or tomorrow".

New builds always being tested. They don't all get released. Initial was A197, next was A199 (someone correct me if I'm misremembering) and next we got was B208....so 198, 200-207 didn't see daylight. We also went from alpha to beta at some point I guess? (although betatest for a game in alphatesting sounds wierd?)

Archived