Wrong Direction

Rath

Ive supported and played 7 since the beginning. Most of you reading this have too. We have seen 7 become something amazing.

I am a game developer myself, if it matters.

IMHO, some of the best things that made this game special have been removed/changed bin for what?

- YOU NERFED ZOMBIE FALL DAMAGE - they are reanimated decaying corpses, a 50 foot fall would turn them into MUSH. Now they just get up and walk away. I get it "it wasnt a challenge." well to many players like myself the best part of 7 was building (engineer) an awesome base that could withstand a horde while fighting them away. Special zombies had to be dealt with but it was endless fun. Knowing that you always had that main base to call home while you went out to scavenge and explore.

As the days went on the zeds came heavier so you had to make the base stronger. THAT was fun, building, scavenging, exploring.

Now we have zombies that are huge damage sponges yet they are decaying corpses - some people want a "survival" game not an arcade game "shoot a zombie in the face till it eventually dies."

i know it is opinion but 7 doesnt feel like a survival game anymore. To me it just feels like a linear tower defense game but the zombies can somehow break reinforced concrete with decaying fists.

Are you forcing us into a certain playstyle? why would you do that? the beauty of old 7 was that we could survive however we wanted to. Now it feels like a lost cause.

here is a solution - give us OPTIONS. (more than just hard/normal/easy)

- ZOMBIE FALL DAMAGE - max (100% reg zeds) - normal - half - off

- ZOMBIE FULL HEADSHOT DAMAGE - max - full for normal, 50% for boss - normal - off -

- TEMPERATURE EFFECTS - normal - half - off

- ZOMBIE DENSITY - max - normal - half - off

- i have many more but i have ♥♥♥♥ to do....

I'll make a mod for these things, but i am so tired of spending time making mods so i can enjoy games nowadays...

I enjoyed the massive fall bases I made. It would take a ton of time, but in the end you had something you could defend solo. Now its hunt zombies, and little else. As a solo player too much time is spent just gathering resources to build something that is now virtually undefendable. I guess I will just go nomad style for a bit until it goes stable and I can mod back in something more to my playstyle.

- ZOMBIE FULL HEADSHOT DAMAGE - max - full for normal, 50% for boss - normal - off -

Seeing as how you are a developer you have to appreciate the ability to exercise a measure of control over the gaming environment during development especially as you seek to balance it. The game used to have more sliders and options than it does now and there is a reason that they took them away as I'm sure you are aware but for the sake of the kids playing at home I'll go ahead and state it: Too many options muddies the water when trying to balance and if there are still features to be added then you also have the added work of updating the options later on.

So while lots of sliders and options in the game are great for customers who don't give a rat's behind about development and all they want is just a fun game to play, they aren't that great to have during the development phase for the developers which is why some that used to exist have gone away for now.

Joel has stated a number of times that they plan to have tons of options and sliders for all sorts of things once the game goes gold. But for now it is up to the customer to use the xml files to figure out options for themselves because until the game is out of alpha and the features they want to ship this game are implemented---well I highlighted their own sentiment in red above using your own words.

Just to be clear I am not against your suggested options and sliders. They sound awesome and I would be glad for all of them being in the game and I miss the old options we had to finely control how much damage zombies gave and took and how much we gave and took as well as other options.

Thank you Roland,

In my experience, the players ("testers"in this case) SHOULD be given as many options as possible to get the most feedback on playstyles of your audience in order to fine tune the gameplay so that it is in the right place. The "option sliders" would then only further improve the experience of the players so that in the end they do not feel forced into a specific play-style and replayablitity has more appeal.

Ive supported and played 7 since the beginning. Most of you reading this have too. We have seen 7 become something amazing.

I am a game developer myself, if it matters.

IMHO, some of the best things that made this game special have been removed/changed bin for what?

- YOU NERFED ZOMBIE FALL DAMAGE - they are reanimated decaying corpses, a 50 foot fall would turn them into MUSH. Now they just get up and walk away. I get it "it wasnt a challenge." well to many players like myself the best part of 7 was building (engineer) an awesome base that could withstand a horde while fighting them away. Special zombies had to be dealt with but it was endless fun. Knowing that you always had that main base to call home while you went out to scavenge and explore.

As the days went on the zeds came heavier so you had to make the base stronger. THAT was fun, building, scavenging, exploring.

Now we have zombies that are huge damage sponges yet they are decaying corpses - some people want a "survival" game not an arcade game "shoot a zombie in the face till it eventually dies."

i know it is opinion but 7 doesnt feel like a survival game anymore. To me it just feels like a linear tower defense game but the zombies can somehow break reinforced concrete with decaying fists.

Are you forcing us into a certain playstyle? why would you do that? the beauty of old 7 was that we could survive however we wanted to. Now it feels like a lost cause.

I'll make a mod for these things, but i am so tired of spending time making mods so i can enjoy games nowadays...

you used to finish your invincible base and then game over.Materials were never a problem, i used to have full boxex of stone/iron/meat/gas. In some games i had everything i wanted by day 28, so no more challenges, no more need to loot, no more exploring... I used to build multiple layers of deffence, but the zombies never got past the first one.

You can still build bases, you just have to work harder, zombies are easy to kill on low diff, etc but now, there is progression.No more steel tools by day 3, no more unused stacks of iron/stone/food , no more ignoring the horde hitting your walls.The game needs some balancing, but is way better.

you used to finish your invincible base and then game over.Materials were never a problem, i used to have full boxex of stone/iron/meat/gas. In some games i had everything i wanted by day 28, so no more challenges, no more need to loot, no more exploring... I used to build multiple layers of deffence, but the zombies never got past the first one.

You can still build bases, you just have to work harder, zombies are easy to kill on low diff, etc but now, there is progression.No more steel tools by day 3, no more unused stacks of iron/stone/food , no more ignoring the horde hitting your walls.The game needs some balancing, but is way better.

You could have tried pvp servers. 1k days of building the base, AND I was still kinda worried, that enemy players can destroy my base in ~10 hours.

Archived