"Reinforced cement doesn't downgrade to cement"

Feycat

I don't see them as mutually exclusive. Just because you can upgrade it doesn't mean you have to be able to downgrade it.

As a gameplay mechanic being able to upgrade in place is a huge QOL improvement. Having it downgrade is...well that's a huge QOL improvemnet too I guess, since it gave the block more survivability, and of course it's something we got accustomed to.

It still boggles my mind that if I slap down a rebar frame and fill it with concrete, that I don't get reinforced concrete (especially considering the game lets me make the same concrete block without rebar), since rebar is short for reinforcing bar. Realism always needs to take a backseat to gameplay.

Interesting, looks like you have the glitch too. As Kam.R nicely pointed out, I noticed that inconsistency. Looks like it's a prevailing issue in MP? Anyone else on MP care to verify rebar -> normal concrete?

On SP it's still rebar -> r.concrete

I don't see them as mutually exclusive. Just because you can upgrade it doesn't mean you have to be able to downgrade it.

True, but it needs to be consistent. Regardless of which philosophy is chosen, all of the block upgrade/downgrade paths should adhere to it. Right now it seems like there's a disconnect in how concrete is handled.

True, but it needs to be consistent. Regardless of which philosophy is chosen, all of the block upgrade/downgrade paths should adhere to it. Right now it seems like there's a disconnect in how concrete is handled.

But does it?

It sounds like MM and Gazz don't want the downgrading to be a thing anymore, and maybe they will make that consistent that none of the blocks will downgrade anymore. Maybe they will give all the blocks the same total HP they would have had when there were stages, so instead of:

Wood Frame (50 hp) <-> Wood Block (225 hp) <->RWood Block (225 hp) <-> RWood metal reinforced (300 hp) | 850 hp total (50 hp increase)

Wood Frame (50 hp) <-> Wood Block (275 hp) <->RWood Block (500 hp) <-> RWood metal reinforced (850 hp) | 850 hp total (50 hp increase)

Or maybe they will just keep the HP the same and lower the zeds damage, or some combination. My takeaway from this thread is Gazz hasn't yet decided how best to do that, but it's a WIP.

Regardless what the solution to the above part of the problem is, like I said from a gameplay perspective being able to upgrade the blocks in place is a huge QOL; the alternative is you need to destroy the blocks to replace them with better. That would suck. It already sucks if you upgrade a wood block and then decide you want to replace it with concrete. And of course it sucks when you slip and put down a concrete in the wrong place.

In fact I'm all for zeds doing less block damage instead of giving the blocks more HP. They should do the same damage punching a block without tools as we do (specials can have more fine), and then blocks could have even less HP. Granted I am not really into pvp (in this game anyway) and the 1st time my base gets griefed I'd probably be screaming for higher block HP, but then LCB could be tweaked more. All these things have to taken into consideration by the person doing the work though.

Archived