Book Recipes Back and remove from "skill" tree if not, then learn from trader

leaderdog

I find the skill tree completely immersion breaking. Today if we were to learn something we look on the internet, or read a book, or have someone knowledgeable train us.

Artificially learning something from having killed x number of zombies removes all immersion needed (wanted) for a survival game.

The books made perfect sense and was one of the things that made 7dtd so amazing. Sure RNG could be dodgy at times, but I'd rather be frustrated by not finding something rather than removed from the "immersion of the game" by looking at the skills tree to figure out where to spend points.

1. So I'd like the skills scrubbed (remove learning new recipes from there).

2. Learn recipes from books again.

and or possibly

3. NPC trainers at the Trader that will train you in a given field. (like the old Might and Magic games) **if physical trainers isn't possible, then a dialogue box when talking to the trader for "trainers" with subcategory to replace them**

Could be:

blacksmith (weapons tools)

Armorsmith (all armor)

Doctor

Engineer (forge workbench, cement, steel etc)

Farmer

Chef/Survival Chef

Have them charge dukes for training. So if you can't find the books, you could learn it for an inflated(?) price.

Maybe it's just me, but this type of system would make more sense for learning new recipes than what we now have.

I've not the skills to do something like this so I'm asking to see if there are others that would want it, and any talented individuals that would enjoy the same type of system.

Thanks for reading and considering.

I find the skill tree completely immersion breaking. Today if we were to learn something we look on the internet, or read a book, or have someone knowledgeable train us.

Artificially learning something from having killed x number of zombies removes all immersion needed (wanted) for a survival game.

The books made perfect sense and was one of the things that made 7dtd so amazing. Sure RNG could be dodgy at times, but I'd rather be frustrated by not finding something rather than removed from the "immersion of the game" by looking at the skills tree to figure out where to spend points.

1. So I'd like the skills scrubbed (remove learning new recipes from there).

2. Learn recipes from books again.

and or possibly

3. NPC trainers at the Trader that will train you in a given field. (like the old Might and Magic games) **if physical trainers isn't possible, then a dialogue box when talking to the trader for "trainers" with subcategory to replace them**

Could be:

blacksmith (weapons tools)

Armorsmith (all armor)

Doctor

Engineer (forge workbench, cement, steel etc)

Farmer

Chef/Survival Chef

Have them charge dukes for training. So if you can't find the books, you could learn it for an inflated(?) price.

Maybe it's just me, but this type of system would make more sense for learning new recipes than what we now have.

I've not the skills to do something like this so I'm asking to see if there are others that would want it, and any talented individuals that would enjoy the same type of system.

Thanks for reading and considering.

I will certainly remove all the recieps from perks, it's fairly simple, find an example for food attached. It's just an attempt to see how it works, it does not remove the master chef perk entirely.

The stuff in recipes.xml is to unlock those recipes entirely, so you don't need to lern them in any way. Guess everyone knows how to slap a slice of meat on the grill, eh.

Kubikus Cookbook.zip

The thing that gets me is that the game seems to make the player stupid in this new version. What do I mean? Well when you use a blueprint and make something you are now stupid and can't seem to remember how to make it again so you need a plueprint every time you make it again.

Well that is stupid IMO. Like seriously, you can't remember how to make something you made before? It makes no sense to me. At least in 16.4 we were not treated like we were so dumb. And what is with the way slower axe and hammer swings? I really feel like my character has been dumbed down so much it's really frustrating to play.

Archived