Modified code to fix table saw, chem station, and Schematics.

Skeeter63082

Here's the code to add the table saw, chemistry station, and schematics to your craftable list once you unlock the right perk. This file can be found at C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\7 Days To Die\Data\Config\progression.xml (or wherever you keep your steam folder. It can be easily accessed by right clicking on the game in your steam library and selecting "properties" then selecting the "local files" tab, and then clicking "browse local files")

This is for the table saw:

<passive_effect name="RecipeTagUnlocked" operation="base_set" value="1" level="1,5"
			tags="tablesaw,workbench,generatorbank,electricwirerelay,switch,ceilingLight01_player,switch,gunCrossbow,armorMiningHelmet"/>

And this is for the the Chemistry Station and schematics:

<passive_effect name="RecipeTagUnlocked" operation="base_set" value="1" level="1,5"
			tags="ammo9mmBullet,ammo44MagnumBullet,ammoShotgunShell,ammo762mmBulletFMJ,thrownAmmoPipeBomb,mineHubcap,mineCookingPot,chemistryStation,modGunMuzzleBrake,modGunFlashlight,modGunScopeSmall,modGunTriggerGroupSemi,modGunBipod,modGunForegrip,modGunDuckbill,modGunChoke,modGunMagazineExtender,modShotgunSawedOffBarrel,modGunMeleeTheHunter,modMeleeSerratedBlade,modMeleeWeightedHead,modMeleeStructuralBrace,modArmorInsulatedLiner,modArmorCoolingMesh,modArmorReinforcedPadding,modArmorScrapPlating,modArmorImprovedFittings,modArmorStoragePocket,modArmorHelmetLight"/>
		<passive_effect name="RecipeTagUnlocked" operation="base_set" value="1" level="2,5"
			tags="thrownDynamite,ammo9mmBulletSteel,ammo44MagnumBulletSteel,ammo762mmBulletFMJSteel,ammoShotgunSlug,ammoArrowSteelAP,ammoCrossbowBoltSteelAP,ammoArrowFlaming,mineAirFilter,resourceMilitaryFiber,modGunBarrelExtender,modGunSoundSuppressorSilencer,modGunSoundSuppressorSilencer,modGunScopeMedium,modGunReflexSight,modGunTriggerGroupBurst,modGunRetractingStock,modGunCrippleEm,modMeleeFortifyingGrip,modMeleeClubBarbedWire,modMeleeClubBurningShaft,modArmorPlasticPlating,modArmorIronPlating,modArmorSpikedKnuckles,modArmorCustomizedFittings,modArmorDoubleStoragePocket,modArmorAdvancedMuffledConnectors,modArmorImpactBracing,modArmorWaterPurifier"/>
		<passive_effect name="RecipeTagUnlocked" operation="base_set" value="1" level="3,5"
			tags="ammoCrossbowBoltExploding,modArmorMuffledConnectors,modGunScopeLarge,modGunTriggerGroupAutomatic,modGunRodAndSpring,modGunBowPolymerString,modMeleeTemperedBlade,modMeleeErgonomicGrip,modMeleeClubMetalSpikes,modArmorBandolier,modArmorMilitaryPlating,modArmorSteelPlating,modArmorTripleStoragePocket"/>
		<passive_effect name="RecipeTagUnlocked" operation="base_set" value="1" level="4,5"
			tags="resourceRocketTip,resourceRocketCasing,ammoRocketHE,ammoRocketFrag"/>
		<passive_effect name="RecipeTagUnlocked" operation="base_set" value="1" level="5" 
tags=""/>

Do this at your own risk. I have tested it and it works well for me. Be sure you are replacing the right piece of code before saving the .xml file

I just logged on to these forums to see whats up with the schematics and here you've addressed the issue lol. So this definitely fixes the 'you do not have this receipe yet' bug for all the schematics?

100% fixed as far as I can tell. It feels like the mod system might be a little unfinished because a few of the mods felt out of place in their respective tier, but this could be why it's not in this experimental build. I expect to see them properly implemented in the stable release. There are 3 mods that are not available at all and are set to tier 9 which doesn't exist. Testing these shows that they are not even craftable without more modding, so I assume they are currently broken.

100% fixed as far as I can tell. It feels like the mod system might be a little unfinished because a few of the mods felt out of place in their respective tier, but this could be why it's not in this experimental build. I expect to see them properly implemented in the stable release. There are 3 mods that are not available at all and are set to tier 9 which doesn't exist. Testing these shows that they are not even craftable without more modding, so I assume they are currently broken.

Seems to have worked for me. Thanks for the tip. Was disappointed after hanging on to the blueprints to find I couldn't craft them. The laser sight is probably one of the 3 you mentioned I'm guessing. I'm looking forward to seeing them all included at some point in the future.

Seems to have worked for me. Thanks for the tip. Was disappointed after hanging on to the blueprints to find I couldn't craft them. The laser sight is probably one of the 3 you mentioned I'm guessing. I'm looking forward to seeing them all included at some point in the future.

Laser sight seems to work. The three that are in question you can loot, but can't do anything with them. They have no description and you can only drop or scrap them.

Yeah, was hoping they were going to fix these yesterday. Here's hoping for today.

I'm not assuming anything until a stable release is out. I'm sure this experimental release is giving them a ton of valuable feedback and probably saving them thousands of play testing hours, but it could be weeks before we see a stable, so keeping these code snippets handy until then is just good business.

I'm not assuming anything until a stable release is out. I'm sure this experimental release is giving them a ton of valuable feedback and probably saving them thousands of play testing hours, but it could be weeks before we see a stable, so keeping these code snippets handy until then is just good business.

It does kinda break progression though, which limits testing. I'm sure there will be a few more unstable builds pushed to us before stable.

I have no problem editing XML files but I mostly play on a public server that I don't even know who the owner is.

It does kinda break progression though, which limits testing. I'm sure there will be a few more unstable builds pushed to us before stable.

I have no problem editing XML files but I mostly play on a public server that I don't even know who the owner is.

Can't really help you there. Not much you can do unless the server owner mods his/her config files. I suppose this is going to be more for people doing SP or playing with friends.

Please edit in to your OP that if people find that your code works they should make a back-up of the file because it will be overwritten on update or if they have to Verify game files.

Or make it into a mod in mod folder that is proper way to due mods now and not touch the vanilla xml at all.

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?93816-XPath-Modding-Explanation-Thread

Hey i worked on this aswell for our server this list of bugs i found in the recipes & progression xml files:

<!-- List of all the Recipes & Progression Fixes:

- chemistryStation not added to YeahScience progression lvl1

- resourceOil recipe not locked behind YeahScience lvl 1 & added to YeahScience progression lvl1

- ammoGasCan not added to YeahScience progression lvl1

- tableSaw not added to perkAdvancedEngineering progression lvl1

- tableSaw, workbench & 22 other recipes using wrong perk req: perkEngineer -> perkAdvancedEngineering

- added all the attachment mods for items to YeahScience required levels

- gunPumpShotgun did not have the tags="learnable" so it was not locked behind progression

༼ノಠل͟ಠ༽ノ ︵ ┻━┻ -->

here is a xpath mod for it - https://drive.google.com/file/d/1mKnwIbUakvg2EAihRO4XcrIsmnLJCsWx

Oh, snap. Shotgun hasn't been added to the lists so you can make it as soon as you have a workbench and mats.

Pretty much, yeah, but good luck finding the mats to make it. Steel is going to be the big hindrance on that.

- - - Updated - - -

Or make it into a mod in mod folder that is proper way to due mods now and not touch the vanilla xml at all.

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?93816-XPath-Modding-Explanation-Thread

Honestly, most people won't bother with reading the text wall in that post. Also, this being experimental I expect everything to change a lot until stable, so it might be a little more handy to just mod the vanilla file for the time being and save the code snippets in case you have to update or something goes haywire and you need to verify to restore files. This is just a quick fix to help get us though experimental till they fix it. I'm sure it won't be long, so not really worth doing legit modding till after stable.

Honestly, most people won't bother with reading the text wall in that post. Also, this being experimental I expect everything to change a lot until stable, so it might be a little more handy to just mod the vanilla file for the time being and save the code snippets in case you have to update or something goes haywire and you need to verify to restore files. This is just a quick fix to help get us though experimental till they fix it. I'm sure it won't be long, so not really worth doing legit modding till after stable.

This is the whole point of the new mod system if it gets updated or doesn't work you don't have to restore anything because the default files are in place. You just remove the mod from the mod folder.

Archived