Falling thru map

Greymantle

Falling thru the world. Is anyone having this issue in Multi-player? At times we can go hours without this issue then it rears it's ugly head and it happens way too often. Playing on a dedicated server from Host Havoc.

You can tell when this is going to happen for the terrain doesn't draw all in. I have seen this in every version I have played going back to 10. I have played in version 10,11,12,14, and now 17.

If you are opening the map and moving it around, that will cause an error now and then. If you get that error the world won't generate. Logging out and back in fixes it. But not moving the map will help if that's what you are doing.

Found that one out and it has helped a few people on the server I'm on with falling through the world. Might be what you're experiencing.

For me it hasn't been frequent, however I have fallen through the world on a random generated map on a hosted server several times. The character will return to the surface in a few seconds but is locked in place until logging out and back in.

Has never been associated with map use, but has always been associated with standing still, moving a short distance, then suddenly dropping through the ground or building underfoot.

Archived