Xyth's A19 - A17 Modlet Collection

xyth

I love your mods but not being able to lower the video volume or the radio volume kills all the fun. any lines I can add to change that?

And another question is, I would love to activate  the billboards, TVs, radios etc via a switch from far away. any chance you can show me how? cheers.

This property is commented out on the players:

<property name="ActivationDistance" value="5"/>

If you want to turn it on/off at greater range, use that property and increase the value.  Might still work, but i didnt test it in A19

There is no way to change the volume at this point.  maybe in a20.

thx for the response. i would like to ask more questions if you dont mind cause i really love ur mods and play with them 24/7. they really are very immersive. 

so is there a way to add more videos than just 3? why makes it limit to 3 only? Your radio has 16 mp4s which is very cool. 

can i change the type of the tv to "poweredlight" in the xml to make it work with a connected powerswitch?

thx 

21 hours ago, xyth said:

This property is commented out on the players:

<property name="ActivationDistance" value="5"/>

If you want to turn it on/off at greater range, use that property and increase the value.  Might still work, but i didnt test it in A19

There is no way to change the volume at this point.  maybe in a20.

bro you there?

All changes to sound volume must be done inside Unity, and then reexported.  I set number of movies to 3 instead of higher, as video file sizes are large and I was concerned about folks getting carried away loading dozens of large movies and crashing the game.  I do not plan on working on the video mods until after A20 is released, as I am working on other things right now, and also the video component tends to break every alpha.

• 2 months later...
2 hours ago, xyth said:

I have not had time to determine why its crashing servers yet.  

OK. the A19 version works still  (but also unfortunately only has the 3 vids). And i, as a noob,  used a free program to convert the videos and remove the sound so it surprised me that your A20 version has issues

By default, a dedicated server starts up with a Unity start parameter called -nographics.  If the server starts with this parameter, then it doesn't load the video decoding components, leading to a full server crash.  I just discovered this yesterday, as I had a moment to relook at this mod.  My dedicated server has a video card, so by removing that startup param, the mod works as expected.  With it left in default, it crashes.

I asked some folks to test if a server without a video card or chip will load the game properly with this default param removed.    Anyway, while waiting, I updated the mod to have 12 video slots.  

• xyth locked this topic