Did anyone found skyscrapers in RWG?

Jan2607

Running around the world for days now, found large and small cities... but didn't find a skyscraper yet. Lots of new structures and some of them are really cool, but I always settled next to a city with skyscrapers. I can't stop living as a nomad without finding any :D

Do they exist in RWG? Did anyone found them?

I completely uncovered 3 maps in b197 and didn't find any. Haven't found any in b199 either. I'm hoping they've just been removed temporarily to help with flushing out any bugs in the new POIs, especially now that looting feels more important than ever. They still appear to exist in the rwgmixer.xml file, but I've gotten the feeling the file has been ignored in the two a17 builds thus far.

I just did a few tests, the file definitely isn't being ignored. I was able to get skyscrapers to spawn randomly in the wilderness by adding them to the the "wildernessGroup" prefab_rule. I'm by no means an expert at modding the rwg file, but I wasn't able to make any change that resulted in a skyscraper spawning inside a city.

For what it's worth, they look pretty cool. I only went through the bookstore, but it has been updated (as far as I could tell) to conform to the dungeon format of other POIs (including having most of the loot from the original POI nerfed until reaching the top), which makes me hopeful that if it's not a bug, then they probably intend to include it at some point.

• 1 month later...

I just read a post that says the reason they fail to spawn is because RWG doesn't use the "downtown" zone which a few buildings are exclusive to.

courthouse_med_01.xml

courthouse_med_02.xml

mp_waste_bldg_governer_08.xml

police_station1.xml

post_office_med_01.xml

post_office_sm_01.xml

prison_01.xml

skyscraper_01.xml

skyscraper_02.xml

skyscraper_03.xml

skyscraper_04.xml

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?96960-I-figured-out-how-to-add-skyscrapers-back-to-RWG

Archived