How deep can the buried supplies/treaures be?

MrSamuelAdam

Dig a row, skip a row, then dig another row. Do that across the whole breadth of the treasure area. If you can't see it, dig the rows another level deeper. I find most treasures very quickly even without pumping points to improve it.

In A16.4, if you dig a trench one block wide, 2 blocks down, and skipped 2 blocks over and dug a trench in third block over the same depth as first trench, you will eventually find treasure. Treasure was buried third block down on flat terrain, sometimes uneven terrain or objects on surface would cause treasure to be buried only 2 blocks down.

In A17.exp, I just did a trader quest to find buried stuff. It was under uneven ground. I believe it was three blocks down. More testing will give us a better idea.

Dig a row, skip a row, then dig another row. Do that across the whole breadth of the treasure area. If you can't see it, dig the rows another level deeper. I find most treasures very quickly even without pumping points to improve it.

dig a row, skip 2 rows...

XX|XX|XX|XX|XX

XX|XX|XX|XX|XX

XX|XX|XX|XX|XX

dig a row, skip 2 rows...

XX|XX|XX|XX|XX

XX|XX|XX|XX|XX

XX|XX|XX|XX|XX

Oooo! Much more efficient! I like it.

General Lee might be right. I heard Prime saying that it seems more to be under...something, whether uneven ground or a tree, etc. We'll learn soon enough.

Oooo! Much more efficient! I like it.

General Lee might be right. I heard Prime saying that it seems more to be under...something, whether uneven ground or a tree, etc. We'll learn soon enough.

Yep, those rows are exactly the way to look for it. Skip two blocks over and dig, skip two and dig. As for surface objects, the game could be counting those as a block when something is buried beneath, hence only two blocks deep under them. I've actually found a treasure chest in A15 or A16 (probably A16) where the chest was under one of those surface rocks that give coal/nitrate/lead/stone/iron, on a hillside...and you could see the chest under the rock, and loot it without digging at all, lol.

Archived