Game resolution won't stretch at 4:3 in 16:9 Monitor?

Magoguitarrista

I put the resolution on a 4:3 format on my secondary computer (which uses a 16:9 format), cause is not a very powerfull one to get some extra FPS... but the screen just won't stretch to fill the 16:9 format as it usually do on any other game. (Yes my AMD options are set to rescaling when the resolution is lesser than native and in fact they do fill the 16:9 on 4:3 resolutions in other games) is there any fix? (I know you can set upt your desktop resolution to match the 7DT2 resolution you want as a "workaround" but is kind a pain in the *** to do that and undo it just to play this game).

Thanks Id wait for some advice

A17 - Cannot stretch screen

I just downloaded and installed the Experimental, however, it default launches on a 2nd monitor (smaller than my main) and now I cant resize the UI. literally the menu save buttons and such are off screen. Also, the UI in windowed mode doesn't stretch either. So basically, its un-playable. Any Ideas?

7dtd-2.jpg.74f33d772cc6020a787effae5a2aaa93.jpg

7dtd-1.jpg.614567bc6f2fd151732e711c9d9f0eef.jpg

Is your game set to full screen? Tried the exclusive fullscreen option from the launcher?

But I agree with Fox, I'd prefer a lower 16:9 resolution than to stretch (and thus get ugly results) a 4:3 resolution to 16:9.

Sorry for the delay, Im not getting notifications from the forum (No idea why) the game is on fullscreen,I've just tried the launcher fullscreen "exclusive" mode with the same results now that you mentioned the launcher, Would I get more fps if I try another render library? Or DX11 should be fine?

So not getting there yet...

I've attached some picks (Srry options are in spanish but they'r pretty much the same)

First pick is the radeon settings, I've already try the rescale in another modes (rather than full panel) and also tried to disable it, but same outcome, the second pick is the game launched in exclusive full screen, (you can see there is still border)

1102936942_Sinttulo2.thumb.jpg.edc7b2288490d75fb78898d5c46e4676.jpg

920268091_Sinttulo.thumb.jpg.1636a8fa987c4af46e1935e75d2fa86e.jpg

Its barely reaching 29 FPS on 1024x768P, so (mean is kind of playable I don't think increasing the res would do.) Yeah, I might try top put Quarter size texture, but I want some kind of balance, quarter size makes everything look like REAL ugly, thats why I went half size with the actual resolution...

Well, you wouldn't want to stretch 4:3 to 16:9 anyway.

You could use 1280x720 - 720p would then scale to full screen on your monitor.

720p isn't much more pixels than 1024x768 so performance will be similar.

1024x768 = 786,432 pixels

1280x720 = 921,600 pixels

Well, you wouldn't want to stretch 4:3 to 16:9 anyway.

Except that I do...

720p isn't much more pixels than 1024x768 so performance will be similar.

When you have a lot of FPS to spare I usually would agree with you, but when your around 27/29 fps, every FPS counts.

Using 720p is the first thing I've tried it goes all down to 19/20 fps... as I say, normally I would say "10 Fps its not that much" but when you'r at that low rate is a hell of a difference...

I appreciate the response anyway, but help me figure out what I've ask for please, otherwise lets just put the 4:3 support on the trash and not even make it an option... :miserable:

Except that I do...

When you have a lot of FPS to spare I usually would agree with you, but when your around 27/29 fps, every FPS counts.

Using 720p is the first thing I've tried it goes all down to 19/20 fps... as I say, normally I would say "10 Fps its not that much" but when you'r at that low rate is a hell of a difference...

I appreciate the response anyway, but help me figure out what I've ask for please, otherwise lets just put the 4:3 support on the trash and not even make it an option... :miserable:

Well, the reason I said that was because you were talking about the game being 'ugly' - stretching 4:3 to 16:9 makes it ugly so that's why I said you wouldn't want to do that if you care about image preservation.

If you can make custom resolutions on your GPU - you can do all kinds of things that will make the game look better and even faster. For example - if the native resolution of your panel is 1920x1080 - you could make a custom resolution of 960x540 - this is exactly half of the native so the scaling will be just a double scan of all the pixels. It will look cleaner and much sharper than stretching say taking a 768p image and scaling it on 1080p.

Well, the reason I said that was because you were talking about the game being 'ugly' - stretching 4:3 to 16:9 makes it ugly so that's why I said you wouldn't want to do that if you care about image preservation.

If you can make custom resolutions on your GPU - you can do all kinds of things that will make the game look better and even faster. For example - if the native resolution of your panel is 1920x1080 - you could make a custom resolution of 960x540 - this is exactly half of the native so the scaling will be just a double scan of all the pixels. It will look cleaner and much sharper than stretching say taking a 768p image and scaling it on 1080p.

Hmmm interesting, I should have to investigate that, I know AMD Radeon Panel have custom options, but IDK if they are for the desktop or to apply on a singular game/app...

EDIT:

Sadly it seems like is nothing I can do from the AMD panel, but

I found the "height" and "width" on the register of the game, I've changed to the resolution you provide and the game runs sort of "fine", much better than 1024x768 or 720p thats for sure...

Still, Im waiting for an official response in "why" the game won't do what it supposed to in the first place and stretch 4:3 res to 16:9 monitors... Should I post this in the "bugs" section or anything like that?

Archived