Reloading / Backwards movement speed: + Inability to cancel reload or switch weapons

dex314

Survival games are meant to have challenging elements but there's a difference between game features and game annoyances. A challenging feature for example would be deadly enemies, but an annoyance is where a player feels he or she does not have control over the character.

Walking speed while reloading makes you feel like you're walking in syrup, same with walking backwards. There's no rhyme or reason to this--I can reload a rifle or pistol IRL while jogging without problem. Also I can hop backwards without difficulty. Compound this with the inability to switch weapons while reloading or cancel reloading feels like gameplay mechanics from 2001. The pimps should be better than this.

Either allow us to switch weapons while reloading, cancel reloading, or don't slow the character down unrealistically while reloading. These things are freakishly annoying and detract from the gameplay. Thanks!

I don't mind the reload speed itself. What I hate is the fact you can barely move while reloading. It's unrealistic and is incredibly frustrating to feel so sluggish when agility counts.

I agree, if movement speed wasn't messed with during a reload i'd not mind the reload itself being so slow.

Archived