Dedicated Linux Server Alpha 16 to 17 Update?

Schelter

Hi Everyone, any guides how to update an existing Alpha 16 Server to Alpha 17?

Is running these command enough? or did the App ID changed?

---

login anonymous

(OR login with your Steam account name (not playername))

(IF USING your account: enter your Steam password when asked)

force_install_dir ./7daysded

app_update 294420

quit

---

thanks for advice!

-beta latest_experimental is what I usually use if I'm not after a specific version, I was just curious. Steamcmd will, if you enter an invalid beta version (like -beta bork), it will not complain, it will just download the default version and not tell you that you specified an invalid beta. Anyhow, -beta latest_experimental worked fine as usual.

I fired up a server last night. I had no problems at all, I even used my A16 startup script, since the startup script has not changed. I even modified several of the xml files. Three of us spent several hours romping through navezgane, no problems at all. Today we are going to take a shot at random gen.

It "worked" for me with ("worked" because I can't connect, but no problems with A16):

"./steamcmd.sh +login USERNAME_CHANGE_ME +force_install_dir /path/to/install/ +app_update 294420 -beta latest_experimental +quit"

You will need to enter your password and maybe Steam Auth Code.

It "worked" for me with ("worked" because I can't connect, but no problems with A16):

"./steamcmd.sh +login USERNAME_CHANGE_ME +force_install_dir /path/to/install/ +app_update 294420 -beta latest_experimental +quit"

You will need to enter your password and maybe Steam Auth Code.

you can use anonymous for this instead of your steam ID if your running a dedicated server.

steamcmd +login anonymous +force_install_dir /home/7dayadmin/7days2die +app_update 294420 -beta latest_experimental +exit

I also take an extra step to run mine in a tmux session. Just install the tmux app with "apt get install tmux" (tmux is similar to screen only more robust)

tmux new -d -s 7d2d "./startserver.sh -configfile=serverconfig.xml"

to enter the session do "tmux attach -t 7d2d" to exit the session without killing is do "Ctrl + B" followd by "D" to detach.

What do the logs say?

Do you use Navezgane or Random?

My Linux Server currently only runs with Navezgane - with Random Gen, I have the following error:

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?94188-Alpha-17-Experimental-B197-bug-reporting-thread&p=872065&viewfull=1#post872065

Are you running LGSM or doing a manual server? If your using LGSM backup then replace your sdtdserver.xml by doing "cp serverconfig.xml sdtdserver.xml" or "ln -s serverconfig.xml sdtdserver.xml" (latter just creates a symbolic link to the serverconfig.xml with an alias of sdtdserver.xml)

NOTE: the serverconfig.xml is a bit diffrent between A16 and A17, specificly the "Rand Gen" keyword has changed to "RWG". Please also make sure to disable telnet if you don't change the password on it. I had a Chines hacker attempting to mess with my telnet. I suspect it's because they now know that by default it's ON with NO PASSWORD.

Archived