[Question] Can the game option choices be modded?

A Nice Cup of Tea

When you start a p2p game, you have a bunch of drop-downs that you can choose game options from. For example you can set the frequency of air drops to be disabled or 1, 3, or 7 days.

As far as I can see, if you're running a dedicated server you can set all of the options directly in serverconfig.xml; but if you're just running a normal p2p game it seems you're limited to the pre-defined values given in the drop-downs.

Can these drop-down values be modded? For example could I change the air-drop frequency drop-down so that it has an option for once every 10 days?

Does anyone know where the drop-down entries (and their corresponding values) are stored?

• 2 weeks later...

To answer this question I will say yes, and if you take a look at my modlet for adding the Nothing option back to DropOnDeath you will have almost the exact path you would need.

Change DropOnDeath to AirDropFrequency for the gameoption name.

change out the value list being set, and replace with this plus your own value in hours:

0, 24, 72, 168

To answer this question I will say yes, and if you take a look at my modlet for adding the Nothing option back to DropOnDeath you will have almost the exact path you would need.

Change DropOnDeath to AirDropFrequency for the gameoption name.

change out the value list being set, and replace with this plus your own value in hours:

0, 24, 72, 168

Works like Hell, thx

added some other settings.

Archived