OMG OMG OMG I want this game to WORK

Palladin

Some general info that might help: https://bigfishgames.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/230884968-Access-Violation

Try running the game as Admin - Find the game in steam. Right click - choose Properties. Local Files. Browse Local Files. Find the .exe file. Right click. Properties. Compatibility tab. Tick Run as administrator.

If that fails work through checking all your drivers, DirectX, etc. and setting graphics settings(for your video card not the game) to default if you adjusted them or even if you didn't. If you're running background programs that optimize or manage RAM or drive performance try turning them off.

Anti-virus software can sometimes cause conflicts.

OK 4th time on this bloody post.

You made one post a week ago with the same lack of useful information. That's hardly enough to make this the 4th time.

About the only thing I can say is that "Read from location 00000000 caused an access violation." usually means that you don't have a GPU, or your driver is not compatible.

There are Sticky threads you should read before posting. The important one actually tells you what we need to help.

IT was meant to be self deprecating toward me. I spent about 10 min composing a message with lots of detail but the forum keeps logging me out every few min. It was 6am ...ish and I had stayed up all night trying all kinds of things to get the game to work. I will admit I was pitching a bit of a temper tantrum when I finally post this thread. My apologies. I did finally get it to run in short periods before crashing by changing to x32.

For a point of reference I can build a solid PC but I am not nearly as good with the software as with hardware. I can muddle through the file system though if need be. I get frustrated when having to trouble shoot a game just to get it to play.

Can you see the link I added to my dropbox files.

I included several crash dumps and my PC spec obtained from from CPU-Z . I will post to log files in the

dropbox file.

log files

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/xnh1hvpk774h7q0/AAAmeGIYh055IJzWmvvmvPoHa?dl=0

Some of my observations.

Game crashes after spawning to the world when trying to use x64

With x32 it runs but crashed about every 20-30 min.

I have tried it with antivirus on/off and it makes no diff.

I ahve added the run as admin to the app.

Have you tried running the game with all visual effects off and turning them on one by one after an hour or so?

I have had quite a few games crash on me based on the SSAO effects and Volumetric geometry. Turning the graphics all the way down and then slowing adding and see what you are using when it crashes helps.

Just my two cents.

Have you tried running the game with all visual effects off and turning them on one by one after an hour or so?

I have had quite a few games crash on me based on the SSAO effects and Volumetric geometry. Turning the graphics all the way down and then slowing adding and see what you are using when it crashes helps.

Just my two cents.

I have set all game settings to a minimum. It still crashes. I have windows resource monitor running when I am playing. So far I have not seen anything unusual that would help me track down the issue. I am hoping the output logs will help. I would not know what to look for in the logs.

The logs are all with the 32 bit engine. While it should work with low settings it doesn't make sense with 8 GiB of RAM to run it(and in your case it crashes then as it runs out of memory). Please switch back to 64 bit and upload a log of it crashing that way.

Current guess: You're running nVidia drivers 347. The whole 34x series of nVidia drivers was showing crash issues. If there are no newer drivers for the GTX760 you might want to try to switch to the GLCore renderer.

I have loaded the latest version of the driver for my vid card and am trying the 64 bit game now.

OK so I am now running the 64bit game with the newer Nvidia driver and it seems to be working smoothly. I have not bothered with that GLcore doohicky thing.

FINAL UPDATE FOR THIS THREAD: 11-20

Updated Vid drivers fixed my crashing issue. I have set video options to high and have not had a single crash yet. I get a stutter but that is jsut high memory utilization. I can fiddle with the video options to reduce that and still get to see the great visual affects of the game. Now I can fully enjoy the view from my base overlooking the city.

I greatly appreciate everyone's input even after my little snit fit. :)

Archived