Early alpha 17 streaming event

Roland

Hi yall,

Just wondering, do I have to opt in for a beta of some kind to get A17 today? (monday in Australia) or will it just update through steam automatically? I have read stuff about opting in to some experimental build but unclear if that is just for the streamers or if we have to opt in as well. Thanks in advance.

- - - Updated - - -

Also Lol, only one aussie streamer, and clicking on his name in the other thread just takes you to a youtube page "username does not exist" Looks like that guy opted in and then cut and run on his channel!

@MetalMonkey42,

The opt in to experimental A17 won't appear in your steam options list until, the pimps release it to the public some time Tuesday Australian time.

The beta code password has only been available to streamers that qualified, and whoever they pass the code onto.

@MetalMonkey42,

The opt in to experimental A17 won't appear in your steam options list until, the pimps release it to the public some time Tuesday Australian time.

The beta code password has only been available to streamers that qualified, and whoever they pass the code onto.

Thanks man, been a bit of a nightmare trying to figure that out!

So, Tomorrow!

:)

Usually I like the surprise of trying games for myself without prior knowledge, plus I tend to be a mostly solo player, so I hadn't intended to watch much of the streaming event. But I've been playing 7D2D for a while and it's my favorite game, so I just couldn't resist getting a look at A17. I watched Pokket's stream with Joel that kicked off the streaming event, and I've been watching other streamers all weekend. A17 looks awesome and the streaming event has been a blast! I guess I need to change my hermit ways.

Kudos to all the streamers for spreading the word to new players who need an injection of fun in their gaming lives and for driving players like me even more crazy with anticipation. And kudos to TFP for this amazing new release that's practically a new game. Thanks!

A17 looks awesome and the streaming event has been a blast!

^ This ^

and

Kudos to all the streamers for spreading the word to new players who need an awesome fun injection in their gaming lives and for driving players like me even more crazy with anticipation. And kudos to TFP for this amazing new release that's practically a new game. Thanks!

^This^

Am I correct to assume there will be a post in the forums when A17 is OK to be streamed by the those not included in the Early Access team? I was fortunate enough to be trusted with the password for A17, so the "latest_experimental - Unstable build" already shows up for me. I was dumb enough to announce a stream of A17 at 4PM Eastern US time (today, Monday), and in hindsight, I should have waited, and I may have to retract. I have been very fortunate to be able to play A17 early and to be able to get an A17 server ready in advance. I just don't want to abuse the access to the experimental build by breaking any rules.

Nothing is without the possibility for improvement, but I feel that the release of A17 and the very short "early access" program was handled extremely well. It's been a long time since I have been this excited about the release of a game or update an to any game!

Thank you TFP, for taking the time to get it done right!

P.S. - Awesome patch notes!

Am I correct to assume there will be a post in the forums when A17 is OK to be streamed by the those not included in the Early Access team? I was fortunate enough to be trusted with the password for A17, so the "latest_experimental - Unstable build" already shows up for me. I was dumb enough to announce a stream of A17 at 4PM Eastern US time (today, Monday), and in hindsight, I should have waited, and I may have to retract. I have been very fortunate to be able to play A17 early and to be able to get an A17 server ready in advance. I just don't want to abuse the access to the experimental build by breaking any rules.

Nothing is without the possibility for improvement, but I feel that the release of A17 and the very short "early access" program was handled extremely well. It's been a long time since I have been this excited about the release of a game or update an to any game!

Thank you TFP, for taking the time to get it done right!

P.S. - Awesome patch notes!

If you are part of the stream team, do whatever!

If not... whoops.

In the meantime, per Joel's post on Twitter, it should be going wide for everyone ~3:30pm Central today.

Is kiriinhell on twitch a dev/tester? I see they are streaming a17 and they only have 97 followers. Trying to figure out how they are managing to do this. I am not wanting to stream it myself but I know many were tuned down that didn't have enough followers to do it.

Is kiriinhell on twitch a dev/tester? I see they are streaming a17 and they only have 97 followers. Trying to figure out how they are managing to do this. I am not wanting to stream it myself but I know many were tuned down that didn't have enough followers to do it.

Youtubers/Streamers who qualified were allowed to invite friends so they could play/stream multiplayer. I have no idea what the terms and conditions for this were though.

Archived