EAC error SDX unity

Kevin1000

Hi all, so basically I love editing the game for fun - but I am using the up to date unity and SDX software to create new items for 7dtd. I am new to this but have googled and YouTubed this error till my fingers are sore. When I try to load the game from unity I get an EAC error which won’t let me load the game up. I really don’t care for EAC as I only play SP. I have disabled EAC in steam but still does not work. I’ve tried all the usual restarts and reinstalled the game. I’m using a pc with 8G ram 2T hard disk space with plenty of free space 64 bit windows 10 and Comodo anti virus. I’m not getting anything come up from Comodo. Is there a way to completely delete the EAC ? Or does someone know how I can fix this problem? Thanks in advanced

I am using the up to date unity and SDX software to create new items for 7dtd. When I try to load the game from unity I get an EAC error which won’t let me load the game up.

What do you mean "load the game from Unity"? You make new objects in Unity, then use sdx to add those objects to the game. Then you launch the game from sdx or from the actual game .exe.

When you setup the development environment for sdx, you validate your vanilla install then make a copy of the 7Daystodie game directory and place that copy into a new directory that we recommend you call Game/Working or something that clearly makes it different from the default game directory. Then make sure your sdx install does not have a backup directory. At that point you launch sdx and enter its setup section and point it to that new working directory. On the first run of sdx, it creates a backup folder and copies files into that backup folder. That backup folder is your new clean game load that has been instrumented by sdx but is otherwise unmodded. When you build with mods, those edits are made into the working folder, not the backup folder. In my experience, you can get that EAC error if there is a game version mismatch, which happens if your vanilla game install is contaminated with an old version of the game, like 16.2 if you ever played True Survival etc. That's why it critical to either validate your vanilla game install or blow it out and reinstall it. Hope this helps.

Archived