Tree-house building

max2go

It is very viable right now. You just need to take SI calculations into account.

Easiest way to do this, is to test the blocks out yourself. But you could also watch some youtube videos on the subject.

I think Cappo made some nice vids on this...

Also, you should get this treehouse idea out of your system now. I dont think it will be possible in A17. It IS a little cheaty right now since zombies cant nock down trees...

Here's some treehouse tips from a treehouse enthusiust :D :

• Use at least scrap metal frames as the "foundation" for your platforms, they can be built much out farther than wood blocks. Build your wood platforms or floor on top of this. Easier and more structural is to just make them all metal\concrete and paint them to look like wood. I usually only make the "porch" out of wood platforms that you can see through.

• Ideally, start with a metal or concrete "top block" as the center of your foundation. This needs to be build on "top" of the main tree trunk. If you build off the side of a trunk then I believe you technically are building off of a wood central column which makes the integrity of everything built off of it wood based. You want it metal\concrete based instead.

• If you want the platform higher up, build a metal\concrete column up from the top of the trunk, that way you can have your base at the top of the treeline and get a great view while having minimal branches clipping through your base.

• Test your build limits and design on the ground, 2 blocks up, to see if there is a collapse risk before you try to build it in a tree.

• Generally 5 blocks out in all directions from the main support column is safe, but even 7 should technically be ok but you should test on it on the ground first.

• Lastly, I'd recommend surrounding the bottom 3 blocks of the trunk with the strongest plate blocks you have. Just to prevent zombies from immediately taking the tree out. Additionally, I usually build a bunker around the base of the tree to fight off hordes.

Seems to work fine, but it would be nice with some specific treehouse blocks perhaps to enhance, Right now the catwalks are great, plates as well, camo paint, and voila. The only downside is SI, the wood doesn't hold that much, so it really needs to be a tree-house out of wood :)

-->

Archived