Hal's Prefab Editor

HAL9000

[QUOTE=TwistedInc;231880]Got these now Hal, but when I do bbb ex (player name) (prefab name) I get an error that says could not find player with name BackupUser ... ?[/QUOTE] Figured that out too now, turns out it doesnt like it if you have a space in your username. I've done everything now apart from reload a prefrab. I can save a claim, export it, edit it, save it into the prefrabs folder, but for some reason "bbb InsertPrefab Twist1 (location)" doesn't work. It simply does nothing, and waiting 10 mins and relogging does nothing either. Does something need to be enabled in serverconfig to allow this final step? Steps I've taken: Backup Manager now allows me as an admin I can bbb claim Twist1 to claim an area I've built I can bbb ex this area and load it into your editor I can muck about with it in the editor/trim it etc Can't load it back into the game as 'bbb InsertPrefab' command seems not to work.

[QUOTE=HAL9000;231967]Show an example of what you're writing for the IP command[/QUOTE] I've captured and saved my prefab as Twist1, so I'm typing "bbb InsertPrefab Twist1 1302 64 -230" Nothing happens, so I wait 10 minutes like your instructions say, close the game/re-open and nothing... =/

[QUOTE=TwistedInc;231979]I've captured and saved my prefab as Twist1, so I'm typing "bbb InsertPrefab Twist1 1302 64 -230" Nothing happens, so I wait 10 minutes like your instructions say, close the game/re-open and nothing... =/[/QUOTE] That looks right to me. I've just tested the command in my game and can insert the prefab so it's not a problem with the mod. Have a look in the games log file to see if there's an error message. The mod also has a log file you can check. It's located in the save directory for the world \BlockBackup\Users\log.txt Are you in SP, MP or dedicated server?

[QUOTE=HAL9000;232043]That looks right to me. I've just tested the command in my game and can insert the prefab so it's not a problem with the mod. Have a look in the games log file to see if there's an error message. The mod also has a log file you can check. It's located in the save directory for the world \BlockBackup\Users\log.txt Are you in SP, MP or dedicated server?[/QUOTE] I'm in Random Gen MP but not my hosted server, one I've created today to test this. Checked the mod log file and it contains this: "New server started Command Processor Start. Command Processor Loaded. Loading Globals Unknown global setting: halserveractive Loading Globals finished Saving globals... Process message from Twisted:bbb InsertPrefab Twist1 1302 64 -230 step 1 Hal Mod Cleanup Server cleanup Server cleanup error: Object reference not set to an instance of an object Server cleanup listen close error: Object reference not set to an instance of an object Server Thread Abort Error: Object reference not set to an instance of an object"

Hey Hal - THX A LOT FOR 0.40 :applouse: Now the Issue with the Blocklist is gone. I started to work with 0.40 version BUT found a little bug: Its about the meta (Meta1) for Doors and Lights. It seems that the editor rotates DOORS and LIGHTS automaticly by setting another meta (lit/lock them) !!! I set the Wall-Light in the game correctly manualy; Claimed and Exported as usual; loaded exported Area in editor; cutted the prefab as usual; and set the meta1 to "Lit". Saved prefab to Prefabs-folder; edited savefile in Prefabs.xml; and started a new game: The new setted Lights were Lit now (as usual) - But they r all rotated as well !!! Same issue with doors: wanted to lock door in editor - but then in map it shows rotated. The old Lights and Doors i dont changed r still OK and work fine like on 10.4 !!! btw: How is the official technic to handle doors (especially the upper part of them) ??? Should i cutoff the upper part(block) from the doors in the editor ??? The doors work correctly how they should anyway !!! And i found out this gives no [U]double-door-trouble[/U] when editing it (export,edit,save,export,edit,save,.....) and worked fine for me. When i leave the upper part from doors it could happen that there is suddenly a 2nd door 1 block above the original bugged in. This issue appears only when i used exported prefabs !!!? wish u the best colored eggs !!! Mag out

man this sucks, not the editor of course lol but the fact im on so many pain killers i cant think straight to do these simple things, i would love to place the prison the new hospital book store grocery store etc in a certain place but i cant think straight. I remembered when the 1st recipe editor was made and i helped by adding an insane number of pics to it so there where not just question marks stuff like that. I also remember you and me chatting and you helping me before doing things like making and placing prefabs, i kept getting them stuck under ground or in the wrong spot. I watched the vid and will try again to do it, did it show how you know where it will be placed? so i can put it in a specific spot without it ending up in the air or part ways under ground. Let me know if you can help out. I know your time is important and i dont want to monopolize a bunch of it, since you got a life, play the game, work on the editor, helping others things like that, so any help would be greatly appreciated. P.S. Keep up the amazing work, changing blocks constantly with updates must suck bad.

[QUOTE=TwistedInc;232105]Yep that part worked fine, accepted me as an admin, and is allowing me to do bbb claim, bbb save, bbb load, bbb ex, just not bbb InsertPrefab[/QUOTE] Can you send me the prefab? The only thing I can think of is there's something weird in the file that's causing it to fail without an error. [QUOTE=Magoli;232132]Hey Hal - THX A LOT FOR 0.40 :applouse: Now the Issue with the Blocklist is gone. I started to work with 0.40 version BUT found a little bug: Its about the meta (Meta1) for Doors and Lights. It seems that the editor rotates DOORS and LIGHTS automaticly by setting another meta (lit/lock them) !!! I set the Wall-Light in the game correctly manualy; Claimed and Exported as usual; loaded exported Area in editor; cutted the prefab as usual; and set the meta1 to "Lit". Saved prefab to Prefabs-folder; edited savefile in Prefabs.xml; and started a new game: The new setted Lights were Lit now (as usual) - But they r all rotated as well !!! Same issue with doors: wanted to lock door in editor - but then in map it shows rotated. The old Lights and Doors i dont changed r still OK and work fine like on 10.4 !!! btw: How is the official technic to handle doors (especially the upper part of them) ??? Should i cutoff the upper part(block) from the doors in the editor ??? The doors work correctly how they should anyway !!! And i found out this gives no [U]double-door-trouble[/U] when editing it (export,edit,save,export,edit,save,.....) and worked fine for me. When i leave the upper part from doors it could happen that there is suddenly a 2nd door 1 block above the original bugged in. This issue appears only when i used exported prefabs !!!? wish u the best colored eggs !!! Mag out[/QUOTE] I'll have a look at the rotations and meta clashing. It could be they've changed the way meta is calculated which is effecting the rotation. I used the new prefab code in the latest version of the editor but something might have gone wrong. [QUOTE=JayzenFreeze;232173]man this sucks, not the editor of course lol but the fact im on so many pain killers i cant think straight to do these simple things, i would love to place the prison the new hospital book store grocery store etc in a certain place but i cant think straight. I remembered when the 1st recipe editor was made and i helped by adding an insane number of pics to it so there where not just question marks stuff like that. I also remember you and me chatting and you helping me before doing things like making and placing prefabs, i kept getting them stuck under ground or in the wrong spot. I watched the vid and will try again to do it, did it show how you know where it will be placed? so i can put it in a specific spot without it ending up in the air or part ways under ground. Let me know if you can help out. I know your time is important and i dont want to monopolize a bunch of it, since you got a life, play the game, work on the editor, helping others things like that, so any help would be greatly appreciated. P.S. Keep up the amazing work, changing blocks constantly with updates must suck bad.[/QUOTE] To insert a prefab use this command: bbb InsertPrefab e.g. bbb InsertPrefab Hospital 200 64 -2200 x= East/West location y= Up/down (height) location z= North/South location You get your location by opening the console and typing "lp" and finding your name. That shows where your character is positioned.

[QUOTE=HAL9000;232190]Can you send me the prefab? The only thing I can think of is there's something weird in the file that's causing it to fail without an error. I'll have a look at the rotations and meta clashing. It could be they've changed the way meta is calculated which is effecting the rotation. I used the new prefab code in the latest version of the editor but something might have gone wrong. To insert a prefab use this command: bbb InsertPrefab e.g. bbb InsertPrefab Hospital 200 64 -2200 x= East/West location y= Up/down (height) location z= North/South location You get your location by opening the console and typing "lp" and finding your name. That shows where your character is positioned.[/QUOTE] Here you go bud - [url]https://www.dropbox.com/s/wlbr01p9ibedkhd/Twist1.rar?dl=0[/url] Not even sure I've captured the entire prefab here but surely it would still paste when using the command?

[QUOTE=Shiek4d5;232194]Edit: nevermind, not even close yet.[/QUOTE] Yeah, if I ever make a thread that causes the same issues as the main dev thread I'll know I've done something right. I think it'll be fine for now [QUOTE=TwistedInc;232308]Here you go bud - [url]https://www.dropbox.com/s/wlbr01p9ibedkhd/Twist1.rar?dl=0[/url] Not even sure I've captured the entire prefab here but surely it would still paste when using the command?[/QUOTE] Just tried insert your prefab and it seems fine. Is this is? [URL="http://www.vendocode.com/twist.png"]http://www.vendocode.com/twist.png[/URL]

[QUOTE=HAL9000;232322]Yeah, if I ever make a thread that causes the same issues as the main dev thread I'll know I've done something right. I think it'll be fine for now Just tried insert your prefab and it seems fine. Is this is? [URL="http://www.vendocode.com/twist.png"]http://www.vendocode.com/twist.png[/URL][/QUOTE] That's it! Strange that I can't? I enter the command and nothing happens. My command is right as you say, but nothing seems to happen? Is it potentially a setting in backup manager? Here's how I'm set up. [attachment=236:name]

[QUOTE=TwistedInc;232354]That's it! Strange that I can't? I enter the command and nothing happens. My command is right as you say, but nothing seems to happen? Is it potentially a setting in backup manager? Here's how I'm set up. [ATTACH=CONFIG]7699[/ATTACH][/QUOTE] Most commands have an alias. Try using that. bbb ip

Hi, posting on these forums for the first time. I had been working on this large prefab for on and off for around two months, but the new patch seemed to break it completely. I had been using version 9.3 of 7dtd to get your editor working properly, but after moving up to alpha 11, the prefab doesn't seem to work. Firstly and more importantly, it seems like it only loads around 1/10th of the actual prefab and then starts dumping an error message on the console. I don't have the exact message, but it was something along the lines of "ArrayIndexOutOfRange". I googled the issue and apparently it's related to the prefab being too old to work in alpha 11(?) Secondly, the all the rotations of the blocks in the prefab are messed up. I read something about a prefab converter in this thread, but never saw it linked anywhere. Is there one? I hope I can get this cleared up since I really want to keep working on this prefab. I was hoping to use it in a custom map of like a huge underwater base, but it's starting to look like I should take a break until they at least release support for custom maps. Sucks having all your work messed up by a new release. Either way, keep up the good work with the editor and so on.

[QUOTE=Marski;232876]Hi, posting on these forums for the first time. I had been working on this large prefab for on and off for around two months, but the new patch seemed to break it completely. I had been using version 9.3 of 7dtd to get your editor working properly, but after moving up to alpha 11, the prefab doesn't seem to work. Firstly and more importantly, it seems like it only loads around 1/10th of the actual prefab and then starts dumping an error message on the console. I don't have the exact message, but it was something along the lines of "ArrayIndexOutOfRange". I googled the issue and apparently it's related to the prefab being too old to work in alpha 11(?) Secondly, the all the rotations of the blocks in the prefab are messed up. I read something about a prefab converter in this thread, but never saw it linked anywhere. Is there one? I hope I can get this cleared up since I really want to keep working on this prefab. I was hoping to use it in a custom map of like a huge underwater base, but it's starting to look like I should take a break until they at least release support for custom maps. Sucks having all your work messed up by a new release. Either way, keep up the good work with the editor and so on.[/QUOTE] The block structures aren't compatible with A11 so won't work. There may be a converter in the future but there isn't one yet. Also, you may have corrupted your world save by loading it into A11. There's a [URL="https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?25655-All-work-lost-after-patch-before-we-could-export"]thread [/URL]with a similar issue. Unless you have a backup the work may be lost.

[QUOTE=HAL9000;232709]Most commands have an alias. Try using that. bbb ip [/QUOTE] That's working perfectly :) Thanks Hal! One more question... Are you aware of any way to edit the map files at all so I can create an entirely flat map, either Naves or Random Gen?

hi Hal I found another bug! (its not that i searched for - but it freezedown my work again) This time its about the normal rotating of blocks in the editor. The editor do not rotate the blocks correctly. In Info-mode: When i choose another rotation for a existing block, it dont shows the new rotation - instead the Typ# and Raw# changes. But in the control-display is still the default-rotation (when i save it to map it has rotated !!!). But not all 16 rotations didn't work false the same way !!! (Some rotations show fine - but dont work when saving to map !!! Others dont show in the controldisplay - but change Blocktyp and sometimes work !!! - STARNGE !!!) [ATTACH=CONFIG]7731[/ATTACH]before rotating [ATTACH=CONFIG]7732[/ATTACH]after rotating Is it normal -that the rotation changes the Blocktyp now ??? I guess not. I hope u will take care of this problem soon :pray2: - (also the Lock- and Lighting-issue). btw happy eastereggs Mag

[QUOTE=TwistedInc;232963]That's working perfectly :) Thanks Hal! One more question... Are you aware of any way to edit the map files at all so I can create an entirely flat map, either Naves or Random Gen?[/QUOTE] As a guess you'd have to look at modding the DLL's Random Gen procedure to restrict the height of the biome. I haven't looked at that code yet so can't point you in any direction. [QUOTE=Magoli;232983]hi Hal I found another bug! (its not that i searched for - but it freezedown my work again) This time its about the normal rotating of blocks in the editor. The editor do not rotate the blocks correctly. In Info-mode: When i choose another rotation for a existing block, it dont shows the new rotation - instead the Typ# and Raw# changes. But in the control-display is still the default-rotation (when i save it to map it has rotated !!!). But not all 16 rotations didn't work false the same way !!! (Some rotations show fine - but dont work when saving to map !!! Others dont show in the controldisplay - but change Blocktyp and sometimes work !!! - STARNGE !!!) [ATTACH=CONFIG]7731[/ATTACH]before rotating [ATTACH=CONFIG]7732[/ATTACH]after rotating Is it normal -that the rotation changes the Blocktyp now ??? I guess not. I hope u will take care of this problem soon :pray2: - (also the Lock- and Lighting-issue). btw happy eastereggs Mag[/QUOTE] Thanks Mag, I will look into it.

Unfortunately with this update I can see the full editor, there no scroll bar for me to see all the block info so i cant make adjustments as really needed, but thank you for the editor Hal, hope fully one day when I get a bigger monitor I can use it but as for now I am out of ideas on what to

[QUOTE=TwistedInc;232963] One more question... Are you aware of any way to edit the map files at all so I can create an entirely flat map, either Naves or Random Gen?[/QUOTE] For random gen, you can change each biome's terrain class in biomes.xml to City. This used to make the biomes entirely flat, but I haven't tried it since the latest update.

Mini update time! Do a manual update to get the changes. Updated: Fixed GUI errors in the editor that was hiding some controls (like the scroll bar) Updated: Block code to reflect A11 changes. Added: New bbb command: box @Danny40 Try this version, it should sort out the layout for the editor screen @Mag The code for the blocks has been changed in A11, I think all your problems were related to this but give it a go and let me know if you're still having trouble. New Command: Box SINGLE PLAYER ONLY (for now...) Puts a see-through box around the edge of your claim area so you know where the boundary is. Usage: bbb box bbb box bbb unbox bbb unbox Cheers, Hal

@Hal9000 Thx again for your quick acting. :hail: [SIZE=3]Now EVERYTHING works fine !!![/SIZE] One thing i figured out: some old Blocks screw the editor up a little bit - by clicking on it in info-mode or trying to copy other blocks to that place !!! Then the editor shows an errorwindow (which can be clicked away) - But these old blocks cannot be removed the normal way !!!! And they also screwup the region when prefab is loaded ingame !!! These blocks from the [U]OLD[/U] prefabs make problems and errors in editor and gameconsole: Chrysanthemum , ironbars , almost every wedge-block , fertile dirt , and a lot others i dont remember !!!) If i spot such an old block in the editor, i make a new layer below it and copy every block accept the errormaking ones to the new created layer. When finished - i delete the whole layer with the errorblocks in it !!! Its a little bit complicated - but it works !!! My first prefab is now 100% A11.1 compatible :whoo: btw: do u got an old(10.4) items.xml to send me - mine is overwriten ca. deleted !!! Then i do the Changed-Items-list for the Converter !!! (at first only all the blockID's - the rotations makes me sick and crazy !!!) Again - Thanks a lot very much Hal for this wonderful tool !!! pls PM me when ready to test prefabs2.0 !!! Mag out

quick question, i scanned through your post i didnt see anything about minigame that says currently this mod is disabled, what is it for and what does it do? I would like there to be a way to bring back the horde mode I liked where the days where yours and the nights you had to fight waves to survive. Why did they get rid of it to begin with i wonder? Thanks again for all of your hard work and assistance. It sucks i keep trying to add a bunch of prefabs but they dont work due to A11. I end up getting a huge empty space of nothing ness no ground nothing. Does the maze and dungeons still work? i think i placed it wrong, i did place it where i was oprion loaded game and nothing was there, i even cleared the region first etc.

Archived