Hal's Prefab Editor

HAL9000

[QUOTE=xtended2l;183083]Hi HAL, I'm working on a randomgen prefab megapack about a month. All my work mainly depends on your editor. And even if I'm not a first heaviest user of your editor, but surely one of them. Just want to say thank you for your great tool.=) I have a question. After all prefabs were converted to A10, there was a lot of bugs, that were fixed manually, thanks to the editor. The only thing left, is decals on prefabs. Editing damage and decals works good now, but there is a problem. Some prefabs are huge, and has a lot of decals. Checking every pixel of every prefab would be a pain in the arse. I hope you understand=) Actually, the question: is there any way to make "Show Decals" checkbox working? So i would see which blocks has a decals on it? Thanks in advance!=)[/QUOTE] I didn't know it was broken... ah yes - cause of the new decal structure. Do a manual update, it should work now. Oh and the InsertPrefab now recognises the TerrainFiller block. Hal

Hi to all you prefab builders. It has been a long time since I posted here. I have just requested a moderator delete the AussieWombat's Prefab Builder posts, as they no longer serve any purpose since the A10 update. I still visit the site, but haven't really been doing much in the way of programming lately. You are all in good hands with HAL9000's editor. Thanks to HAL9000 for his help, and any others whom I have missed out. You know who you are.. Thanks... Best Wishes AussieWombat PS I may dabble in some prefabs later on.......

I'm getting an error when trying to insert my prefab at player location. [QUOTE]Unhandled exception has occurred in your application. If you click Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click Quit, the application will close immediately. Object reference not set to an instance of an object.[/QUOTE] [QUOTE]See the end of this message for details on invoking just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box. ************** Exception Text ************** System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at SDTDEditor.Helper.GetPlayerPositionFromSave(String world, String saveName) at SDTDEditor.frmPrefabEditor.AddPrefabToWorld(Object sender, EventArgs e) at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e) at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e) at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e) at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea) at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea) at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks) at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.WndProc(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam) ************** Loaded Assemblies ************** mscorlib Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0 Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.34014 built by: FX45W81RTMGDR CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll ---------------------------------------- SDTDEditor Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0 Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0 CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Bdub/Documents/MODDING/7DTD_Editor/SDTDEditor.exe ---------------------------------------- System.Windows.Forms Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0 Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.33440 built by: FX45W81RTMREL CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll ---------------------------------------- System.Drawing Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0 Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.33440 built by: FX45W81RTMREL CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll ---------------------------------------- System Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0 Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.34239 built by: FX452RTMGDR CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll ---------------------------------------- Assembly-CSharp Assembly Version: 0.0.0.0 Win32 Version: CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Bdub/Documents/MODDING/7DTD_Editor/Assembly-CSharp.DLL ---------------------------------------- UnityEngine Assembly Version: 0.0.0.0 Win32 Version: 0.0.0.0 CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Bdub/Documents/MODDING/7DTD_Editor/UnityEngine.DLL ---------------------------------------- System.Xml Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0 Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.34230 built by: FX452RTMGDR CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll ---------------------------------------- Microsoft.VisualBasic Assembly Version: 10.0.0.0 Win32 Version: 12.0.20806.33440 built by: FX45W81RTMREL CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/v4.0_10.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll ---------------------------------------- System.Core Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0 Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.33440 built by: FX45W81RTMREL CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll ---------------------------------------- System.Web.Services Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0 Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.33440 built by: FX45W81RTMREL CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Web.Services/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Web.Services.dll ---------------------------------------- System.Configuration Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0 Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.33440 built by: FX45W81RTMREL CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll ---------------------------------------- Microsoft.GeneratedCode Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0 Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.34230 built by: FX452RTMGDR CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll ---------------------------------------- ************** JIT Debugging ************** To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this application or computer (machine.config) must have the jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section. The application must also be compiled with debugging enabled. For example: When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer rather than be handled by this dialog box. [/QUOTE]

Thanks for a great tool Hal. Sorry to be a bother, but I can't figure this out. After installing a clean load of Win7, I downloaded your tool (ver 0.30). If I ignore the update, it opens up and runs normally. If I do the update to ver 0.38, Windows says that it stopped and I can't get it to run. Here is the error that is thrown: Problem signature: Problem Event Name: CLR20r3 Problem Signature 01: sdtdeditor.exe Problem Signature 02: 1.0.0.0 Problem Signature 03: 548ca9a9 Problem Signature 04: mscorlib Problem Signature 05: 4.0.0.0 Problem Signature 06: 4ba22001 Problem Signature 07: 11cd Problem Signature 08: 9f Problem Signature 09: System.TypeLoadException OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3 Locale ID: 1033 Additional Information 1: b957 Additional Information 2: b957cfefd38b0c1570b7c92ba02e6602 Additional Information 3: 3c1e Additional Information 4: 3c1e572c796090092788b5fa0c7529fd Since nobody else seems to be having this problem, I am thinking it is on my end. Any suggestions?

Mini update time! Added: Dedicated server support for A10.3 The Assembly-CSharp Dedicated.dll file is now re-included with the download. Rename it to Assembly-CSharp.dll and replace the file in your dedicated server install to access the mod commands. Manual update to get the latest version. Cheers, Hal

hi Hal9000 can i say great editor for us new guys and 1st timers :) u helped us a lot make new prefabs but i got a big problem at the mo everytime i try to save player in back up manager i get a pop up saying this Where hell is it can not find command folder.can not auto flesh. leave the game and re enter to apply changes i try everything deleting the game, re installing it and when i do the update to the manger and load the game back, i get a creepy teddy bear saying i am missing game flies and have to verify flies and when i do that the game works again but not the manger please can you help :) because i do enjoy making prefabs and this is a pain

[QUOTE=maddog09;186296]hi Hal9000 can i say great editor for us new guys and 1st timers :) u helped us a lot make new prefabs but i got a big problem at the mo everytime i try to save player in back up manager i get a pop up saying this Where hell is it can not find command folder.can not auto flesh. leave the game and re enter to apply changes i try everything deleting the game, re installing it and when i do the update to the manger and load the game back, i get a creepy teddy bear saying i am missing game flies and have to verify flies and when i do that the game works again but not the manger please can you help :) because i do enjoy making prefabs and this is a pain[/QUOTE] What this means is you did not copy and replace the Assembley CSharp.dll in your 7 days managed folder. In the files you was given it doesn't tell you to do this but you have to this is one of the first common issues everyone new to the program get confused with. If you do not copy paste this Assembley CSharp.dll file replacing the original you will always get this error. Once you have done this you will use the new 7days icon to launch the game not the original made threw steam. Everyone who does a video on how to install this editor has left this part out Took me a few to figure it out my self. After this you can use the hal editor and its manual update and it works fine.

[QUOTE=maddog09;186296]hi Hal9000 can i say great editor for us new guys and 1st timers :) u helped us a lot make new prefabs but i got a big problem at the mo everytime i try to save player in back up manager i get a pop up saying this Where hell is it can not find command folder.can not auto flesh. leave the game and re enter to apply changes i try everything deleting the game, re installing it and when i do the update to the manger and load the game back, i get a creepy teddy bear saying i am missing game flies and have to verify flies and when i do that the game works again but not the manger please can you help :) because i do enjoy making prefabs and this is a pain[/QUOTE] Arkonik is right, the DLL needs to be copied to the game folder for you to be able to use the in-game commands. If you get stuck feel free to ask questions. [QUOTE=Arkonik;186369]In the files you was given it doesn't tell you to do this but you have to this is one of the first common issues everyone new to the program get confused with. [/QUOTE] The tools for the editor have their own [URL="http://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?7669-MOD-Hal-s-land-protection-and-editor-integration-v0-1"]thread[/URL] and the instructions for installation are there but you're right; a ReadMe file included in the download would help new users if they missed the thread. I plan on rolling all the functionality into one program when I start working on the world editor again so that will be a good time to do tutorials or detailed installation instructions. Cheers, Hal

Very nice Tools Hal look forward to the new stuff you been working. And yea if you add a read me file I think you will see less of this question which i've seen a few times in this thread. When I first came across this I had to take a better look at what was in the editor folder thats when I noticed the dll file and said to my self ah thats the little culprit and copy pasted it over but of course I'm use to editing so I knew this had to go there and where it had to go. But yep a Nice read me will help new people stop getting the teddy bear screen. You got a eta on the new system? If need a tester let me know I got to test Aussies program long time ago in it's first stages and wouldn't mind testing your's as well if you need a extra tester before you release a patch.Just shoot me up if so. But maybe you don't need a read me just have your installer/updater update the managed folder with the dll and backup the other and could even do a uninstall which throws back the backup one. This way people can jump back and forth. I have a back up myself cause I like to make them then throw back the original dll and test them in TFP original files that have not been altered. Just a thought to better the program which is great by the way if I didn't say so already.

[QUOTE=Arkonik;186470]Very nice Tools Hal look forward to the new stuff you been working. And yea if you add a read me file I think you will see less of this question which i've seen a few times in this thread. When I first came across this I had to take a better look at what was in the editor folder thats when I noticed the dll file and said to my self ah thats the little culprit and copy pasted it over but of course I'm use to editing so I knew this had to go there and where it had to go. But yep a Nice read me will help new people stop getting the teddy bear screen. You got a eta on the new system? If need a tester let me know I got to test Aussies program long time ago in it's first stages and wouldn't mind testing your's as well if you need a extra tester before you release a patch.Just shoot me up if so. But maybe you don't need a read me just have your installer/updater update the managed folder with the dll and backup the other and could even do a uninstall which throws back the backup one. This way people can jump back and forth. I have a back up myself cause I like to make them then throw back the original dll and test them in TFP original files that have not been altered. Just a thought to better the program which is great by the way if I didn't say so already.[/QUOTE] No ETA at the moment. I'm waiting for the start of the modding API before doing the world editor again or it's too much work to get going with new releases (especially major iterations). Once I can concentrate on adding functionality to the editor rather than implementing it in the current DLL that'll be my main pet project for a while. Once it's ready to be used I'll probably ask for people to send me a PM if they want adding to a test group so the more obvious bugs get caught before having it as part of the main download. Yeah I might add something that checks the DLL when the editor loads and asks if they want it installing. I'll add it to my todo list. Cheers, Hal

I'm having a small issue. While the prefab editor works nice, it seems to not add in the Zoning line in the XML file. For example one prefab I'm making is in the city, to make it spawn it needs the line I set it in the editor, but the line is never placed in. I have to manually add it in each time I save the prefab before testing it in game. This is a little bit annoying as if I don't remember to add the zoning like in, and go to play tets, I find it's not spawning. I've tested with this my other prefabs and even ones made by others, on save it keeps everything but the zoning line. One thing I wouldn't mind seeing in the editor however is instead of solid colors for the blocks, it pulled the texture or used an icon of the texture so we can -see- what material we have selected, and even it's direction. My brain cant keep tabs of what objects are being placed or what not, and trying to search for what the textures look like or even grasp the layers and what textures on what layer. Really makes me wish I could get the methood that lets you build in game and export it to work.

[QUOTE=Taiine;187049]I'm having a small issue. While the prefab editor works nice, it seems to not add in the Zoning line in the XML file. For example one prefab I'm making is in the city, to make it spawn it needs the line I set it in the editor, but the line is never placed in. I have to manually add it in each time I save the prefab before testing it in game. This is a little bit annoying as if I don't remember to add the zoning like in, and go to play tets, I find it's not spawning. I've tested with this my other prefabs and even ones made by others, on save it keeps everything but the zoning line. One thing I wouldn't mind seeing in the editor however is instead of solid colors for the blocks, it pulled the texture or used an icon of the texture so we can -see- what material we have selected, and even it's direction. My brain cant keep tabs of what objects are being placed or what not, and trying to search for what the textures look like or even grasp the layers and what textures on what layer. Really makes me wish I could get the methood that lets you build in game and export it to work.[/QUOTE] To export all you need to do is 1.while game is launched you need to do the backup manager you will see it post in chat in game. 2. make your building 3. When finished stand in middle of the prefab and type in bbb claim "Name of prefab" with out the quotes it will confirm you saved that chunk. 4. after claimed then type in bbb ex "what you just called the claimed area" game will act like it freezes for 2 to 4 sec's during the save process. Can watch this guy it's pritty good explaining how to do it [url]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xqqkloy8Q7I[/url]

[QUOTE=Taiine;187049]it seems to not add in the Zoning line in the XML file. [/QUOTE] Thanks, I'll have a look at that. The code might have changed (or I think zoning wasn't implemented when I first wrote the XML stuff for the editor) I did a small video on exporting prefabs the other day. Check it out [URL="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=119q0Fh4dgI"]here[/URL] or search on youtube for BigC90210. He's done loads of good stuff with 7DTD and videoed it. Using pictures of the textures has been mentioned before but the texture files are locked in the bundles at the moment and I don't have the time, skill or patience to create new images for each block. But if someone is up to the task I'll happily add them into the editor. The entities use images rather than colours so the code is already done to implement it. Cheers, Hal

I have a little request for the prefab editor. Mainly on the drop down lists for the items and blocks. Could you perhaps sort them? What I mean is, perhaps add in categories that we can select that will list the blocks that fit in? Say, world blocks, blocks like dirt, grass, destroyed stone, all the blocks that when placed shape and conform forming hills and such. Then, building/construction blocks, all the blocks that are just solid square, like wood planks, concrete, etc stuff in buildings and so on. Then decorative blocks/objects, like corpses, boxes, trash piles, chairs, trees, etc. Just to clean it up a little bit and make it a little easier to find something you want. Yes there is a search box but if you don't know what the block is called or really a visual of what it is it doesn’t help very much and you have to scroll through everything together in hopes of finding it. I already made walls out of destroyed stone... and that is um... dirt like material. Needless to say it did not end well.

[QUOTE=Taiine;188444]I have a little request for the prefab editor. Mainly on the drop down lists for the items and blocks. Could you perhaps sort them? What I mean is, perhaps add in categories that we can select that will list the blocks that fit in? Say, world blocks, blocks like dirt, grass, destroyed stone, all the blocks that when placed shape and conform forming hills and such. Then, building/construction blocks, all the blocks that are just solid square, like wood planks, concrete, etc stuff in buildings and so on. Then decorative blocks/objects, like corpses, boxes, trash piles, chairs, trees, etc. Just to clean it up a little bit and make it a little easier to find something you want. Yes there is a search box but if you don't know what the block is called or really a visual of what it is it doesn’t help very much and you have to scroll through everything together in hopes of finding it. I already made walls out of destroyed stone... and that is um... dirt like material. Needless to say it did not end well.[/QUOTE] Yeah groups would be a good idea. But ask 10 people how they want them grouping and you'll probably get 14 different answers. I might add in access to your in-game groups though that you can create in the Creative Menu. That way you could create it in game and have access to all the icons. I've added it to the todo list. Hal

Hi Hal9000 So I attempted the random gen. I added my custom prefabs and now have removed them,. yet on start up to a new game i still get this. CAn you point to where I went wrong please. And I dont know why it is trying to start up a server.xml as I playing sp on ran gen. [url]http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/541887327774569888/14C508E64A612796E55CD3AFE80A7657F6FFC8FC/[/url] Any help would be appreciated.

Archived