Armor Changes: Make Clothing Purely Visual and Add Weapon Mod Type Slots To Clothing

OldManBrian

I think it would benefit the game to change the clothing and armor system to where all clothing have "armor slots" that allow you to make them armored but remain visually the original clothing. Similar to the new weapon mods feature.

Currently there isn't a huge difference between fully armored and just cloth clothing so it's not a big deal, but it would be great not to have to choose between looking the way you want and having armor. Plus this would allow the devs to bump up armor stats without the game ending up with everyone looking the same.

So basically you could have dress pants with a an armor slot that has Leather/Scrap/Steel/etc Armor in it but they still look like dress pants.

Also it would be great if there was a "Color Dye" slot where you could put a new loot item that changes the color of that item of clothing. Just some ideas since I noticed most people I've played with all end up looking the same with full steel armor sets and mining helmets \ nv goggles etc.

Finally, a "Lighting" slot would be great, basically letting you add a flashlight\headlamp to any helmet\hat. Kinda hate being forced to have a mining helmet from a fashion standpoint. You could add them to chest clothing too, like a flashlight strapped to a shoulder or poking out of a pocket.

A lot of this might be planned already since this is a natural extension of the weapon mod system, but just thought I'd throw it out there.

Good Idea.

In the current setup you see everyone running around in mining helmets for example.

Any visual clothing model should have the option to get upgraded to a full armor. Be it by using upgrade-slots on them, or crafting skills that can upgrade the stats of any model type independent of its visuals.

If certain armor pieces have the best stats, the player would end up just using those.

Archived