My 2 cents ( not even worth 2 cents )

Bulldog44

First off my best wishes to those who lost their jobs at TellTale. I hope y'all bounce back just fine. Next in regards to this game. I paid around 25 bucks for this bad boy game, I have introduced it to quite a few other people and they bought the game as well or play mine often. One guy even went out and bought a PS4 to play the game ( and others too but this game was the deciding factor). I have folks come over to hang out and they play the game. I have 4 saved games on mine and only one is mine. So we may or may not be getting upgrades? I would like some but I have gotten more fun out of 7 Days to Die, and shared that fun, to be well over 25 bucks worth. I am thankful that they are even considering adding stuff. When I bought it I assumed that was it, as is, done deal. Obviously they did change some stuff and the vast majority for the better. The only upgrades I would care about personally is I would appreciate having increased carrying space or a vehicle that could carry more, maybe a few different items and zombies, but aside from that I don't really mind. Appreciate what you have and anything added is gravy. Thanks for the forum and all of the participants.

Well said man. Yeah this game is pretty awesome. I remember a few months before it launched for console back in june of 2016, my brother is the one who initially told me about the game. Im sure glad he did!

I watched some youtube videos on it, obviously from the pc version, and instantly fell in love.

I paid roughly the same you did for the game & like you, i feel as ive more than got my moneys worth.

Im kinda glad there is no way to see exactly how many hours ive put into the game because honestly id probably be sick to my stomach. However in that same regard, it has provided HOURS of enjoying entertainment so its all good.

Hopefully we do get at least this last update but if not, ill definitely return to the game in the future for more wasteful hours of mindless fun.

Thank you, it is funny how I got my game. I had seen a brief synopsis of the game and thought it was the biggest waste around, my ignorance restrained me or just bad explanations from others, perhaps both. Then a while later one of my best friends called me ( he is not very technical and wary of doing anything online ) and said a mutual friend of ours was raving about this game and if I would find the best price for it. I told him I thought it was a &^%$&( game but would do so since he wanted. I did the research and watched/read more info and then called him back and said mine will get here in 2 days do you want me to order one for you as well ( he would obviously pay me back)? Once I got it I dove in, died, learned, restarted, rinse and repeat.

After mutiple hours my friend got theirs, I was ahead of the game, and wanted to do online. Not my cup of tea because I am almost entirely deaf and can only focus on so much so if he is talking I can't hear if anything is approaching. I scrapped this. But continued to play solo and another friend came over and was instantly addicted. He bought a PS4 within a week and the game. Then I got one of my roomates on it, he plays more often than I. I have come up with a few ideas for similar games, mainly due to the fact that I often stop playing before the 28th day. I love the challenge of starting with nothing and then once I get all the bits and pieces I get bored. I have changed many settings but have never done the cheat aspect, no challenge.

As far as hours, I would hate to guesstimate but like I told my nephew, who was kinda complaining he spent X amount of dollars on another game, it is worth it. We calculated the hours he had spent and the cost and it came out to be like 30 cents an hour for entertainment. A movie is like 7 dollars an hour or so at the theater. So I figured I have paid about 5 cents an hour including all the people who have played mine. Well worth it.

Yeah on console you can't really do much about the challenge because you can only change what they allow you to. I have found myself finding the right settings to where it is a challenge and fun. I then do what I can on my end to make it more challenging.

A few examples that console version doesn't have options to do but what I can do.

1: play dead is dead. If you do die game over start over.

2: come up with different game styles. One game no guns at all..... or no clubs.... or no farming..... try no mining.... try something and stick to it.

3: try a game with no base at all. Just move from place to place and survive with only what you can carry at the time.

4: if you are playing with others come up with minigames you can do. Just for fun and or a challenge.

Make choices and stick to them for that game to try and make it more challenging. But that is just it on console you have to make yourself stick to it because no kind of way to disable things.

Archived