DEVS - Please restore the setting for the zombies amount

Xeinar

For those who, like me, like a more slow pace and a "calm" (let's say less stressful) survival experience, being able to set the number of zombies in the area to "low" was great. You had the time to explore without the need of constantly fight your way through, providing a Romero style post-apocalyptic experience.

Now, being forced to run all the time and spend so little time in exploring or building has removed all the fun.

Please restore the setting, which I really do not understand why was removed.

Thanks

I do understand why. =)

It ties into 4 different and complex systems, some of which scale very badly with low integer numbers.

Zombies "in the area" are at an all time low so you pretty much get your wish.

Other than that, feel free to mod the game to your liking, removing or changing any spawns you want.

Bring back the spawnrate menu. Doesn´t matter in wich version just do it. It´s a simply understandable menu option that doesn´t hurt anyone and allows a bigger variance for players.

And no, different savegames mean i can´t just mod it, also you can´t just switch during a game with mods. It´s boring to play with law spawnrate at start but it is annoying to have too much Z´s when you enter the build big phase of the game.

• 3 weeks later...
I do understand why. =)

It ties into 4 different and complex systems, some of which scale very badly with low integer numbers.

Zombies "in the area" are at an all time low so you pretty much get your wish.

Other than that, feel free to mod the game to your liking, removing or changing any spawns you want.

Thanks Gazz. I understand that there are hard-coded implications. It would be great if you could consider the request for the future releases, anyway.

In the meanwhile, which files I should mod (and how) to make the game more suitable to my stile? I really have little knowledge of the game core files. Thanks for your help.

Archived