Lockable Items ? Help

War3zuk

Ive tried what I know with my limited XML skills but cant seem to get this to work, Is there a way to make Forges, benches,Fires & so on Lockable to the player like safes, doors, Holding E brings the radial menu that gives the option to pass protect ?

Thanks

Interesting... all containers have this Class:

<property name="Class" value="SecureLoot"/>

Doors have

<property name="Class" value="DoorSecure"/>

but the forge has :

<property name="Class" value="Forge"/>

So my Guess it is hard coded in how the locks work based on Class?

if you change the class from forge to SecureLoot it may give you a locked forge but not sure it will operate as a forge after unlocked..

I dont have time to play with it yet, but report back when you try it?

<property name="Class" value="SecureLoot"/> Forces the error NO lootlist for ID556 Forge & aborts

<property name="Class" value="DoorSecure"/> Renders it not placeble in the world even as a door.....

Ive tried all the things I can think off but was hoping it was my lack of understanding not that it was hard coded cos thats not something i can change ...... I dont get why things placed in the world dont act the same as they do in ARK when you add the line to auto lock all structures....

It would be nice if say you start a new toon, within a few days you make the forge & fill it will time spent resources, You then venture off only to find someone has came along & made steel or iron from it all or emptied all the stone to make their own cement lmao.....

Having a choice of the radial passcode menu would be a great thing to be able to add...

It would be nice if say you start a new toon, within a few days you make the forge & fill it will time spent resources, You then venture off only to find someone has came along & made steel or iron from it all or emptied all the stone to make their own cement lmao.....

There is another way, you can HIDE your whole starter Base...

I dig down about 30 blocks at least and hide the whole starter base , I dont use a claim block because people can see something is there... then I make a "forest ground" plug for the entrance and Nobody will think of digging there because it just looks like normal ground.

I choose an entrance area that is flat and maybe by a nest or rock to pinpoint the location later. and if the ground is somewhat uneven I can use a frame on the ground to smooth it, then pick up the crate...

Hope that helps.

Yeah, I think that's hard coded. THinking about it, if you "break" a lock it turns it into "unsecured such and such". Check entity class XML? not sure. Will have to tinker lol. Aside from what Gun said, I have a little trick to hide ♥♥♥♥.

Works very well in the snow biomes, but dig a little hole (leave about 2 blocks of air from the top -- a little deeper for forge to hide the light a bit), and craft the same time of ground that's in the area and place it on top. Presto, unless someone goes around digging randomly they won't find it. Although screamers may hover over it, giving it away. But I've stored forges/loot chests and even a workbench doing that on 30+ pop servers and no one's ever discovered my stashes. (even gave my tip on some servers and people still never discovered em.)

As I said, it certainly is less visible in snow areas.

Yeah ive done that before, Hidden a full base that way, It would of been nice to be able to passcode items, I mean when you log off someone can still come along & just pick up your bedroll lol... I think this must be the only Survival game were you literally dont own anything lol

Yeah the bedroll has always been an issue with me. Even playing with the designed 1 or 3 other people, soon as one logs you can accidently pick up someones bedroll lol.

as far as accidentally picking up a bedroll... maybe a confirmation dialog like :

"Do you want to pick up JUGGINATOR'S Bedroll?"

"(this will cause him to not have a designated spawn point)"

"Are you sure (Y/N)"

Then I could pick it up anyway.... hehe :p

Yeah the bedroll has always been an issue with me. Even playing with the designed 1 or 3 other people, soon as one logs you can accidently pick up someones bedroll lol.

That isnt possible cos once you log off you no longer own it & while being logged in you shouldnt be able to pick it up lol....

Are you saying that it LOCKS a bedroll for everyone but the one who placed it ... if that player is logged in?

If you lock it always(only placer can remove) then PVP and Griefers could use the bag in malicious ways...

( ie. drop one in your base and you would never be able to remove it. etc.)

Archived