Why Not Fill Toolbelt First?

lamrod_327

Forgive me if this is the wrong discussion board or if this has already been discussed.

I recently purchased this on Xbox One after owning this on PC for years. It doesn't make since to me why everything goes to your backpack first when you have open Toolbelt slots. Even items in your Toolbelt that you repair go back into your backpack. We constantly have to go back to the backpack and throw items back in our Toolbelt. Am I the only one that this bugs? Can we make items prefer the Toolbelt slots if your Toolbelt isn't full, and then items go to your backpack if your Toolbelt is full? Sorry for the short rant. Any input is appreciated!

So not sure if it will happen on console or at least yet but the next PC update will address this. Like if you die and pick up items in backpack they will return back to where it was when you die. Same when fixing a tool. So it is something that is happening but when or if console see this change well anyone's guess is as good as mine.

I think items are currently returning where they were when you do pickup your backpack for your previous death, but if I pick up my torch and I have an open slot on my toolbelt it still goes into the backpack instead of preferring the open toolbelt slots. This is a pain when you are digging or something and have one torch you keep having to move around. As soon and you go pick it up you have to go find it in the backpack. Another example would be taking something another player drops on the ground for you and you are in a hurry to get it equipped in a pinch, you have to go to the backpack when it could've just filled that empty slot. Not trying to complain a bunch. Just coming up with a few examples. There are plenty more examples I could think of, especially when you are building.

Yeah like crazywildfire says, the next pc A17 is getting this so hopefully its something we get down the line.

I agree, it is super annoying. Anything you craft, find, or gather through resources is simply placed in the 1st empty slot if its not stackable with something you already have.

Be awesome if they sneak that in with our next update......

Archived