Can You Disable Wasteland Biome Green Hue?

Naz

i'm attempting to create a mosaic super res image of a peninsula where my base is. player built structures among other things only render out so far so to get around this i use my servers bot manager and determine how many blocks are across my fov and north south at a specific altitude then i can create a list of teleport commands and just copy paste one after the other taking a screenshot at each one. Then combine the images at the end . I've done a test pass and i still have to refine my tp locations to make sure i capture everything and don't have any overlap. But as you can see from my test there are still some problems. I can get around the Sun reflection in the water by changing the time of day (moved region files to a sp game) and i have managed to get rid of the rolling mist/fog so i just have to disable the green hue of the wasteland and like i said refine the fov per screenshot then it should come out pretty good =) also i should be able to create a macro to run the tp commands and take screenshot hotkey etc so i can just press one button and have it do it all itself instead of doing it manually.

Desktop_Screenshot_2018_09.16_-_16_19_33_33.thumb.jpg.922ac003e197b5160d03cbe503914fd3.jpg

i'm attempting to create a mosaic super res image of a peninsula where my base is. player built structures among other things only render out so far so to get around this i use my servers bot manager and determine how many blocks are across my fov and north south at a specific altitude then i can create a list of teleport commands and just copy paste one after the other taking a screenshot at each one. Then combine the images at the end . I've done a test pass and i still have to refine my tp locations to make sure i capture everything and don't have any overlap. But as you can see from my test there are still some problems. I can get around the Sun reflection in the water by changing the time of day (moved region files to a sp game) and i have managed to get rid of the rolling mist/fog so i just have to disable the green hue of the wasteland and like i said refine the fov per screenshot then it should come out pretty good =) also i should be able to create a macro to run the tp commands and take screenshot hotkey etc so i can just press one button and have it do it all itself instead of doing it manually.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]25097[/ATTACH]

to get rid of the wasteland hue just remove or replace the spectrum line in the wasteland biome.

so biomes.xml look for.

<spectrum name="wasteland" />

If you remove it: It'll give a hazy feel in the background similar to the forest haziness. If you replace it with "water" it'll make it clear.

You can mix n match spectrums to get close to what you're looking for.

Just a little nugget of info:

The burntforest biome doesn't have a spectrum line but you can add a spectrum to it, if you want that changed as well.

to get rid of the wasteland hue just remove or replace the spectrum line in the wasteland biome.

so biomes.xml look for.

<spectrum name="wasteland" />

If you remove it: It'll give a hazy feel in the background similar to the forest haziness. If you replace it with "water" it'll make it clear.

You can mix n match spectrums to get close to what you're looking for.

Just a little nugget of info:

The burntforest biome doesn't have a spectrum line but you can add a spectrum to it, if you want that changed as well.

thanks tin i'll give it a shot =)

ok so it's a bit better. I decided to try a lower altitude to get more detail which meant more screenshots (100 total) but it seems there are too many variables. I might be able to fix some stuff if i done a pass on every image individually to make them more colour and light consistent and may even be able to fix some wonky lines. however the larger structures would need multiple shots at different angles then combined somehow after. it would also be nice if you could "freeze" the game and disable weather changes and remove the "alpha 16.4" in the top right and screenshot locations would need to be looked at individually because even though my altitude never changed the distance from the ground would so you would need a way to solve that. You could bodge some things after the fact but to get it perfect is sadly outside of my abilities but it was a fun experiment none the less.

1764338888_stitchv4smaller.thumb.jpg.5a60ed4ae5a2c8c43fa1499f36d3b750.jpg

i just changed <spectrum name="wasteland" /> To <spectrum name="water" /> for the wasteland parts of the biome xml and that did the trick =)
Yeah but can you mix spectrums for one biome? Like mix wasteland and bloodmoon to get a new color? Maybe I misunderstood that.

Yeah but can you mix spectrums for one biome? Like mix wasteland and bloodmoon to get a new color? Maybe I misunderstood that.

No, You can only use 1 spectrum to affect the biome, that I know of but I also haven't tried everything I could think of either. these are just xml edits you can do.

I've tried to have multiple spectrums in one biome but it didn't work to make something new.

Yeah, I meant you can mix spectrums around. Have a forest permanently "Blood Moon" or what not.

look here:https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?86933-Ambient-lighting-Tutorial&goto=newpost they are doing some pretty wicked stuff.

No, You can only use 1 spectrum to affect the biome, that I know of but I also haven't tried everything I could think of either. these are just xml edits you can do.

I've tried to have multiple spectrums in one biome but it didn't work to make something new.

Yeah, I meant you can mix spectrums around. Have a forest permanently "Blood Moon" or what not.

Ok ok, I actually tried some <spectrum name="wasteland,bloodmoon" />. They should allow us to define a color, that would be neat. And thickness or such.

The gifs look really good.. Still that threshold to get into non-xml modding.. Maybe when the game's gone gold.

Ok ok, I actually tried some <spectrum name="wasteland,bloodmoon" />. They should allow us to define a color, that would be neat. And thickness or such.

The gifs look really good.. Still that threshold to get into non-xml modding.. Maybe when the game's gone gold.

I'd like to see them change the spectrum stuff into a weather scheme myself. Give us the particle effect to lighten or darken the spectrums like that.

Yeah, it's a bit of a learning curve, I've just been poking at it just to get a feel for it.

Totally understand on the waiting till gold part.

Archived