Zombie Stamina

GloomyMP

So, I was thinking about zombie speed. There's typically two types of zombie, a walker and a runner. One of the things I like in zombie movies is how freshly turned zombies tend to run fast but then break down to a shamble later on. I think this game does a good job of demonstrating that through the use of feral zombies, but I think it could be done in a different way to make things a little scarier.

For example, we could have zombies that have a certain amount of reserve stamina, so while you're standing a safe distance taking headshots, there is some possibility that a zombie will do a small dash at you to close the gap. This would be unsettling one on one, but could be ridiculously disastrous if surrounded by a group of zeds.

Also, there should be something that triggers zombies to go feral rather than them just spawning that way.

• 2 weeks later...
So, I was thinking about zombie speed. There's typically two types of zombie, a walker and a runner. One of the things I like in zombie movies is how freshly turned zombies tend to run fast but then break down to a shamble later on. I think this game does a good job of demonstrating that through the use of feral zombies, but I think it could be done in a different way to make things a little scarier.

For example, we could have zombies that have a certain amount of reserve stamina, so while you're standing a safe distance taking headshots, there is some possibility that a zombie will do a small dash at you to close the gap. This would be unsettling one on one, but could be ridiculously disastrous if surrounded by a group of zeds.

Also, there should be something that triggers zombies to go feral rather than them just spawning that way.

i like idea to go feral after being shot. not always, let say every 1/10 or 1/20. so you can not be sure, if you get attacked quickly after you get the shot.

Archived