ERR ERROR: Vertices.Count (64900) != tangents.Count (0)

insG_Drifter

Been trying to assist a user with this issue but can’t seem to help. There is only a couple of references to this error in the forum but nothing as far as a resolution.

We went through the forum sticky to do a removal and clean installation minus the registry edits. When this person tries to build near Pershington is when it occurs and is repeatable with a fresh game start. The only thing that seems odd is in the pastebin it makes reference to loading a save from 14.12 which it should not be doing.

This is a single player game and this error started a few days ago. What I can see as far as specs seem good for the computer and this person has previously logged about 700 hours so it has worked.

I’m looking for suggestions at this point. What other information do I need to provide or can you give me a direction to head toward?

https://pastebin.com/yCjdKxNF

Probably just a too complex chunk. Like hundreds of frames or something.

(That should be less of an/no issue in 17)

Would a couple hundred wood frames cause it? I know in my games I have never run into it even with massive builds. Or are you thinking just a voxel thats overly complex?

This is the one glitch I cringe over because I discovered it during Alpha 3 when I was building a massive skyscraper. To this day, I still can't finish that skyscraper.

Fox was this in Navezgane? I know in Ravenhearst the skyscraper seems ok and is very large.

Its odd that this bug / issue seems to be extremely rare. By chance, what brand of video card are you using?

Fox was this in Navezgane? I know in Ravenhearst the skyscraper seems ok and is very large.

Its odd that this bug / issue seems to be extremely rare. By chance, what brand of video card are you using?

I made my own skyscraper... it was nothing at all like anything anyone here has ever seen since.

Computer hardware has nothing at all to do with this glitch. It's how the game was coded.

I made my own skyscraper... it was nothing at all like anything anyone here has ever seen since.

Computer hardware has nothing at all to do with this glitch. It's how the game was coded.

Yeah, We have found the issue, I think, but guess there's no likely fix. There seems to be a portion in the plains where the person built and after 500 blocks we started getting the errors.

Images are attached below.

20180813222746_1.thumb.jpg.d554d415b37e8f213af9dad4f3e66169.jpg

20180813223055_1.thumb.jpg.c75abb20dde508fdd582cf9fb859015f.jpg

20180813224403_1.jpg.6f2b578a923c8c8da3c65ae161047d36.jpg

20180813225735_1.thumb.jpg.a34819872558708b98e068298ca8660f.jpg

Using the admin tool I dug down a few blocks underneath and the errors ceased. Something is not right obviously and it would seem its the chunks for whatever reason. I cant see a way to rebuild those chunks so not sure if that would help or not. I know the next update is not far away but thought this might be worth noting anyway.

Well, initially 'they' probably got the error from the wood frames. At that point if you either remove some or upgrade some of the wood frames before continuing the error will stop...

But now 'you' have another error below the structure. I doubt 'you'll' be able to fix and save the structure now though. Since that region will possibly need to be deleted and regenerated.

Well, initially 'they' probably got the error from the wood frames. At that point if you either remove some or upgrade some of the wood frames before continuing the error will stop...

But now 'you' have another error below the structure. I doubt 'you'll' be able to fix and save the structure now though. Since that region will possibly need to be deleted and regenerated.

Yeah that was just a testing situation and won’t be kept but all comments lead to having reached the limit of wood frames as initiating the problem. While they did not have this issue before there have been windows and steam updates that may have exacerbated the original build issue. The main concern was it came on all of a sudden after the build had been in place and working.

Has nothing at all to do with frames or any block or texture in particular. It has to do with the amount of complexity within a loaded chunk... meaning, you can fill an entire chunk up to the skybox with dirt for example and have no issues, but if you turn it into a sponge looking thing, all of a sudden, the game code can't handle it and sections of it corrupts and disappears all the way down to bedrock. I assume the frames effect it sooner because you can see through them and all frames in between creating the complexity. Rebar would likely have the same effect, partial blocks like chests all stacked up might do it too (that is, if they can be stacked without walls), etc...

Archived