Game Pause No Longer Working

ianlee74

In my single player game, when I used to hit ESC and pop up the menus the game would pause. Of course, this is a great feature for taking bio breaks or when someone walks into the room and I need to pause quickly. Unfortunately, this no longer seems to work for some reason. When I hit ESC the clock keeps on ticking and everything keeps moving. Could I have done something to change this behavior? Is there a way to make the pause work again?

Thanks!

Ian

For some reason the game sometimes changes games that start as single player games into multiplayer. It's a known issue that should be resolved in the next alpha release by combining the two types.

I tried searching, but I often don't have good luck with search results for some reason. There is some discussion in these threads:

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?38551-Single-player-game-becomes-Multiplayer&highlight=single+player+multiplayer

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?37642-Changing-a-singleplayer-game-to-multiplayer

There might be a usable solution in there, or it might be easier just to make sure your game is set to private and continue playing that way. Or hopefully someone who knows more than me can come along and explain what you have to do. :)

When starting a single player game, I always make sure to pause right away to be sure it was set to SP not MP. It's happened to me, but since I pause so often while playing I notice long before I get very far so it's not a big deal to start over.

When starting a single player game, I always make sure to pause right away to be sure it was set to SP not MP. It's happened to me, but since I pause so often while playing I notice long before I get very far so it's not a big deal to start over.

That's a good idea.

I've never had to bug but better to be proactive about them.

~Lucky

Working-Castle-Tribute-to-A16-Plus-bonus-tips-video

Archived