Out of curiosity, Is there a dev mode cheat map for Server Admin?

crazy8s

Okay so question. Is there a developer mode cheat map that Server Admin can access on there server that literally:distracted: shows everything if you are logged in through the F1 console commands? I have been curious about this for a long time. If I have someone on my server and I'm not friends with them in the server if they need help how can I help them with out seeing them. Yea I know about the Rat I use it still learning it. I also know about the console. How ever being able to see the entire map when I need to would be extremely nice.

Okay so question. Is there a developer mode cheat map that Server Admin can access on there server that literally:distracted: shows everything if you are logged in through the F1 console commands? I have been curious about this for a long time. If I have someone on my server and I'm not friends with them in the server if they need help how can I help them with out seeing them. Yea I know about the Rat I use it still learning it. I also know about the console. How ever being able to see the entire map when I need to would be extremely nice.

Alloc's Improvements for the dedicated server will give you access to "Alloc's map" not sure if RAT or what ever will do this since Alloc's is all I use.

Running the visitmap will show some of the map that's been explored, albeit as noted it will take a long time.

Please note too that I had to fix a tonne of errors recently and it revealed everything that it fixed which was 80 percent of the map, I don't remember it doing that before!!!

Anyway - with Debug Mode and Allocs' Map you can almost do what you want it to do. Cause Alloc's Map will show you where everyone is and what parts of the map that Everyone has explored. So combining 'teleport' IE: Debug Mode enabled and opening the in game map and control + right Clicking on a location to teleport there, you can do what you want, not exactly...

Alloc's server fixes are a must have for any server owner for sure... Powerful stuff.

Alloc's map, is in his bundle. It can show you only your own revealed map, or everyone that has been on the servers revealed map. It can only show the revealed parts though. Never everything.

Alloc's also let's you view other players positions and inventories.

RAT is an awesome server manager, which automates stuff, and generally makes it easier to manage everything.

Coppis extended server fixes are also very cool to have. Let's you do a crapload of stuff!

"Visitmap" is the only command that let's you reveal a part of the map, while your ingame (without going there with a charecter).

It COULD theoretically be used to reveal the entire map, but as Stompy says, it'll crash the generator before it finishes.

Though it might run for a week or so before that ;)

Archived