Not Modded - Showing as Modded

Dagesh

Greetings,

I am running a server and I understand that changing certain settings will place the server under the modded server list (e.g. BlockDurabilityModifier). Is there any way not to have this show up as modded? When I think of a modded server I picture a player having to download files in order to play that server.

What are your thoughts? Thanks,

Dagesh

Personally, I think that changing basic game settings should not make a server show up as modded.

Unfortunately that is not the case. Changing some settings will make it show under the modded category.

i agree, i think unless xml files are modded it shouldnt be listed as modded

Any modifications from vanilla will cause your game to register as modded.

Thats ANY change-hours of daylight, number of zombies in XML, ANY change what-so-ever.

But, dont worry about this. "Modded" title means little. Almost everyone who plays this game prefers certain settings over others.

I just changed my progression configs to make it so you gain more skill points as you level up and changed level cap from 200 -> 500.

Any change to any settings at any point will cause the MOD title tho. :)

To be honest, id say that modded title is legit just for dedicated servers to know if the custom configs are active that they set or not. xD

IMHO, doing something like changing the day length to 90 minutes, daylight hours, safe zone time within a small margin, and a few things like that, should not toss it into the modded category.

I asked Joel about it a couple years ago. Will have to see if I can hunt down what he said on it if he replied.

Archived