How close to bedrock is the sea bed?

Duffmeister77

So I'm playing on crackpot20, single player, and I've set myself up in a city that's quite close to the eastern edge of the map. I've done a lot of exploring in the last week, and after driving round three quarters of the map I've found a city to the north of my current base, which I would like to set up as a second base. The trouble is, there is a large body of water between the two cities. Very large.

What I'd like to do is dig a tunnel down underneath the water to link the two cities. But I'm a little nervous about my tunnel flooding during construction. How close to bedrock does water actually get? If I'm digging 4 blocks tall (with the 4th being a ceiling), am I at risk of flooding at all?

Yeah as long as you don't get in a rush you can plug it pretty fast. It doesn't really flood like maybe you are thinking but can't say for sure just going by the way it sounding.

I think it might be set on how deep it can go but with that said I believe some water spots will be different the other spots. I don't think they will all be exact depths. One way you could do is find the path you want to take and go down into the water and quickly pull your map up and see where you are real fast. That will tell you that way how deep you need to go. Maybe add 5 to it to be on the safe side.

If you want to know for sure, because it is always different, you will either have to swim to the bottom and check elevation on your map, or just try digging the tunnel and see if you flood.

The alternative is to build a bridge. Generally if you place a frame and then pick it up, it will leave an empty water square. These can lead to lag, but they can also allow you to build a bridge.

Yeah the water mechanics are terrible in this game. I'd honestly say thats my biggest gripe but i consider it minor.

It serves the purpose of looks & to fill empty glass jars with murky water. Thats the extent of my usefullness for the water in this game.

Archived