best way to find a padlock and best way to farm xp

Bromius

Looking for little bit of help with ideas on how to find padlock and best way to farm experience

1. padlocks = tree stumps especially in snow zones.

2. experience = mine mine mine.. pump miner 49er .. get a chainsaw or preferably an auger. once you got an auger mine mine mine.. and you will level very very fast.. pump mining tools.. keep them repaired .. combine on workbench to get higher lvl than you can craft.. use trader workbenches and forges till u have your own. a side effect of pumping your mining 49er and mining tools is you also harvest faster.. will spend less time getting minerals.. once max you break those surface rocks in 1 hit .. also get coffee asap.. so you don't lose any endurance while mining.. and keep your tools maxed as well as tools skill (the 10 levels) maxed ..

3 as a side note i NEVER put any points in a skill you level up by using. you will need almost EVERY skill point you can designate to buy all the bonus skills like miner 49er or tools lvl 1 2 3.. etc... so NEVER put points in mining.. scavaging etc.. those you level up by mining.. scavaging etc.. If you do use points to level up skills that level up with use.. once your char is high level your screwed.. you will need 25 + points for a single (non leveling skill) and the only way you can get points at that point is by killing bear quest or chickens or zombies .. the paper quests. I usually start out slow.. but once i got that auger.. i can level several times a night .. i dig at night cus no zombies in my mines. during the day i look for books and hardware stores to get the auger and chainsaw asap. planting hundreds of tree's and chainsawing them levels you ok .. but no where near as fast as a auger when you have been pumping miner 49er and mining tools (science for auger?) also pump your repair skill weapon crafting.. tool crafting Science and armor later much later.. sell as much as you can to the trading post to boost your skill there.. and buy the secret stash so you can get high lvl items.. when i start new i look for books for augher chainsaw minibike and crossbow.. wrench for workbench and minibike parts..

Science for auger blade, remember to remake the blade when you increase science.

Don't forget to upgrade SexRex until you get the auger. Longer mining/chopping.

I stayed with iron tools until 4 in both miner/rex, then swap to steel.

Higher level tools means more stuff per hit.

Once the durability drops below about half, go back, and combine it on a workbench to get back to max.

Shovel and sand/gravel is also good.

(even digging snow counts)

Stone axe though, counts as construction tools, so get a pickaxe/fireaxe asap.

stone shovel, mining tool.

Oh, I've had really really good luck, digging out clay pits. Generally below them is a ton

of iron etc (standard insane amount of rock), but depends on the map of course.

I do a LOT of digging, as those who've seen my streams can attest. :D

Going to have to see how the digger zombies affect things in A17 though.

During week one, I use the stone axe for 'night digging' specifically to get tools high enough for the workbench, and then switch to iron after that. I would agree too that while steel does more damage per swing, it consumes much more stamina. During first 3 weeks, keep using iron tools as you will get more done in the same time as your stamina is not depleted as easily.

Higher level tools means more stuff per hit.

Once the durability drops below about half, go back, and combine it on a workbench to get back to max.

I realize iron/clay are readily available, but combining on a workbench costs about 10x as much as repairing. I personally wait until I've lost ~25-50 points of quality before combining back up to max. I suppose the loss of production over that time could be measured and compared...

I realize iron/clay are readily available, but combining on a workbench costs about 10x as much as repairing. I personally wait until I've lost ~25-50 points of quality before combining back up to max. I suppose the loss of production over that time could be measured and compared...

hmm... I'm NOT gonna do that math on that, but yeah, that works too.

:)

• 1 month later...
During week one, I use the stone axe for 'night digging' specifically to get tools high enough for the workbench, and then switch to iron after that. I would agree too that while steel does more damage per swing, it consumes much more stamina. During first 3 weeks, keep using iron tools as you will get more done in the same time as your stamina is not depleted as easily.

i use steel + coffee few plantings of coffee 2*2*2*2*2 == more coffee than you can use.. and you never get tired.

Archived