POI Suggestions and Ideas

AaronG85

OK let's start by in no way am I any kind of developer or artist but thought I would start a conversation about what Points of Interest people would like to see in the game or want improved so maybe just maybe someone from The Fun Pimps might see this thread and we might get them into Vanilla, Dont get me wrong I'm all for Modders to take some of these ideas and use them but my goal is to improve Vanilla.

- Garbage Tip/Landfill - A POI where everyone's garbage was taking, everywhere has to have a landfill, this POI could be full of prefabs (cupboards, garbage, broken parts ect) and full of dogs and zombies. It would be a great place to loot but also a place where dogs are found in abundance to equal it out.

- Patient Zero/Point Zero/Place Where It All Began - A kind of science building that is half sky-rise half sub terrain base, back story is this is where it all happen/went wrong, this would be full of science type zombies but also house every type of zombie we currently have, full of computers and electronic parts great to loot but very hard to beat (would say near on impossible)

I'm sure everyone has there dream POI and think this could become a great place to discuss them and hopefully get them integrated. I did do a quick forum search for a similar discussion but did not find one, if there is I will delete this post.

A base that teaches the player about the way zombies act through environmental storytelling. Each base could have a trail of zombie corpses, that showed which aspects of the base were effective and the place where they broke through could highlight a fault. For example, there could be a house with a two-block high wall erected around it, and a breach in one the top blocks could show that it's good to make wall three blocks high. There could be a base that collapsed with a bunch of zombie corpse buried in the rubble around one of the support pillars, showing that falling blocks kill zombies and that zombies will target the supports of buildings. There could be a base that has an electricity system which although the parts are broken, the stuff is still wired up correctly. A house has only a few one block openings in it and the deceased "survivor" who was using it is surrounded by a few crawler and dog corpses, showing that they can crawl through one block openings.

The dungeon crawl is fun as a novel experience, but I would rather the layout of the houses and such actually reflect the mechanics of the game. I want it to feel like 7dtd zombies invaded a POI, not generic zombies.

Archived