No feral run setting or Mod? no sleeper spawn landclaim block?

kryzzk

I thought I had posted this already but I can't find it anywhere, I am looking for a way to make Feral Zombies not run without removing them from the game. I know that I can adjust the spawn settings and make them not show up at all, but a few of the quests call for Feral Zombies so I need them to remain on the server, I'm hoping that some one knows the config file that needs to be changed or a mod that does this.

My second question is does anyone know how to make the land claim block stop sleepers and other zombies from spawning on your claimed land? I don't understand why this is not a default setting, but as it isn't, I would appreciate any help on changing the land claim block of info about a mod that does it.

Thanks for any help.

Not sure on ferals running but I am guessing not having LCB stop sleepers and other zombies from spawning is to stop people from making a zillion (exaggeration) of them and covering a very, very large area. Your sleeping bag is suppose to stop z's from spawning in its area and if I recall that size can be adjusted on servers at least.

Not sure on ferals running but I am guessing not having LCB stop sleepers and other zombies from spawning is to stop people from making a zillion (exaggeration) of them and covering a very, very large area. Your sleeping bag is suppose to stop z's from spawning in its area and if I recall that size can be adjusted on servers at least.

I know that the Sleeping bag stops the spawns, but when you place one it removes your link to the one before and seems to make it stop blocking spawns, so this is of no use when setting up more than one base, Plus I don't want tons of sleeping bags all over the place, in addition I feel that you should not have to use a block to claim the land and another to stop spawns, if I claim the land, clear the buildings and secure the outside, I'm not going to open the door and bring in a bunch of zombies to sleep in the place simply because I didn't place a bed yet, and that would be the only way for them to get inside.

As for LCB's, People create tons of LCBs and claim really large area's without them stopping spawns so I don't think that has anything to do with it even if it did, that problem can be very simply stopped by making the LCB very expensive to craft. In any case this doesn't help with what I'm trying to accomplish.

Edit the entityclasses.xml file and change the speeds of the feral versions to match the non feral ones. Easy peasy.

Thanks for the info, that fixed one issue.

A spawnblocking landclaim block mod would be nice for friendly games, where you agree to simply use them to block spawns inside the base only. If the spawn block distance matched the server settings for claim distance, all the better.

Anybody known if it's possible? I'd be happy to have a crack at it if it was a simple matter of a few XML edits, but much more than that goes beyond my experience :)

Archived