Bethesda Game Studios

G-Man

So what are guys excited for?

Fallout 76 seems to be more of a LARP game, with many ways to play, from what I've seen you can be anything from a doctor to a trader to a hacker and more. But you can't be everything it seems, you can't spec completely into many things, so no being a master hacker, craftsman, and super soldier at the same time.

Starfield has most of my hope/hype, I hope Bethesda takes the best RPG elements and puts them to good use.

TES VI has none of my interest, I just have never been into magic/fantasy.

So what are guys excited for?

Fallout 76 seems to be more of a LARP game, with many ways to play, from what I've seen you can be anything from a doctor to a trader to a hacker and more. But you can't be everything it seems, you can't spec completely into many things, so no being a master hacker, craftsman, and super soldier at the same time.

Starfield has most of my hope/hype, I hope Bethesda takes the best RPG elements and puts them to good use.

TES VI has none of my interest, I just have never been into magic/fantasy.

Two things:

1. Fallout 76 should be interesting. From what I hear it's supposed to be like a survival game with RPG elements set in the Fallout world. I'm going to wait for some Youtube Let's Plays before I decide if I want to buy. If it turns out to be just a more focused Fallout game that centers around a single vault but with RPG elements I'll likely pass on it.

2. LARP stands for Live Action Role Play, so Fallout isn't anywhere near being a LARP since it would be missing its most defining characteristic. The live action part of it.

Elder Scrolls VI is the only thing I'm interested in. Probably the last ES game I'll ever get to play at this rate. Not figuring on Starfield for another 5 years though. Who knows about ES. DIdn't really like Fallout 4 so not looking forward to '76 except for the fact that I happen to be from WVa and saw the ruins of the New River Gorge bridge. So, by default, I may get it.

I don't even know why they bothered to mention ES when it's years before they even begin any work on it.

Personally, I think its because of Elder Scrolls Online. They have been putting out more and more content for it and not a peep about ES VI, I think Todd Howard thought it might be a "good idea". :)

2. LARP stands for Live Action Role Play, so Fallout isn't anywhere near being a LARP since it would be missing its most defining characteristic. The live action part of it.

Thanks, for that. I couldn't find the right words for it so I went with what I thought might make some sense.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't even know why they bothered to mention ES when it's years before they even begin any work on it.

I mentioned it because this thread is about BGS. Specifically, what you might be excited for, coming from them.

Archived