Cost-benefit analysis

Rather than do a better job, the folks in charge of the console team have made it really clear they'd rather censor anyone who criticizes the lazy, unethical practices of the Dev team.

How much does doing that cost?

I bet it costs less than actually fixing the console version. I bet it costs more than $40 a pop in terms of the amount of time you spend telling your unsatisfied customers to go away.

If anyone would give me my money back, I would gladly uninstall the game, shut up, and go away.

Instead, you keep making the bet that "surely, he doesn't want to waste that much of our time." How's that working out so far?

I really hate to sound like ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ but what is it you want because based on all your negative unhelpful post all over the place you are not going to get what you apparently are seeking. People have told you over hundred times TFP don't work on the console version regardless what TT or IG have told you. The only thing TFP do is send them files for them to handle. You have been told that TT seen a finished game when PC was at A14. So they worked out whatever they worked out to TFP and said they would handle the console version so they got IG to handle the ports. They said from the start that the console version was it's own game and what they released from day one was a finished game and nothing from PC past that point was guaranteed to make it to console. TFP only work on the PC version that is it. When they release stuff they send that over to the console team for them to work out if they can port it to console or not. Yes you are correct TT seen money to be made and took advantage of it. The game was still in alpha on PC and still working out things. TT should of waited a little longer then released the console version. But they didn't and nothing you can do about it besides stop playing it or deal with it. You are not going to get your money back and obviously the only people that respawns to you is other players. But truth is TT and IG are not here on the forums they have a few people they work with to relay messages for them. Every now and then you get one of TFP to respawn to you but it is sweet and blunt and you haven't accepted that. So again not sure what you are wanting but you obviously are not going to get it. So move on man or accept what you get is what you get.

They said from the start that the console version was it's own game and what they released from day one was a finished game and nothing from PC past that point was guaranteed to make it to console

Where did they say that? Did they whisper it to the wind? It sure as hell isn't on the box or in the PS Store description

The only thing TFP do is send them files for them to handle.

This statement is incompatible with your claim that TFP is not involved in console development. You are making a dishonest, bad faith argument.

TT should of waited a little longer then released the console version.

Finally, we agree on something.

nothing you can do about it besides stop playing it or deal with it.

Clearly that's not true. I'm doing something beyond merely stopping playing now. And I'll continue to do this until they decide whether dealing with me is worth $40 or not.

It was actually made very clear that the console version was being released as a complete game, and anything added to it after the point it was released was essentially a bonus. While i will agree that there are WAY too many problems with the console version to actually be complete, your rants are full of ignorance. You should really educate yourself on everything about this game before you decide youre going to be be mad that you bought it. Personally, i am well aware of the problems with console so i am planning on switching to the PC version eventually since i know it is a much more stable experience.

If you want your money back then you need to talk to the company you purchased the game from. As in the exact retailer.

Sony won't refund me. They don't issue refunds for hastily ported, broken games. Is TFP that strapped for cash that the company nor any of its staff has $40 to shell out for a refund? Where'd all the money you tricked console players into throwing away on 7DtD go?

Sony won't refund me. They don't issue refunds for hastily ported, broken games. Is TFP that strapped for cash that the company nor any of its staff has $40 to shell out for a refund? Where'd all the money you tricked console players into throwing away on 7DtD go?

You really need to educate yourself on the reality of the console version. TFP isn't making money off of it outside of a small % from TellTale for publishing rights.

You should read Claire's most recent post in the Announcement forum.

As for refunds, that's always up to whoever you purchased it from. If you don't like that, then you should do more research before you go spending your money on something. With software the general rule is within 14 days of purchase with less than two hours of game play. These rules are in place to protect the publishers. Especially given that most games can be "completed" within a matter of hours.

It should also be noted that we don't censor constructive criticism. Posts that are not constructive, and are often filled with incorrect information, made up facts, and misleading statements will be removed.

Since this discussion has little hope of proceeding further in a constructive manner, it will be closed.

Archived