Help me build aPC!

PO_Man_3849

I personally really like Newegg.ca, but there's also a USA version, aka Newegg.com

600 - 700$, you won't get too much but should be doable. I'd say maybe go with a Ryzen 5 1600, 1600x or 2600 or lower, but stay above 4 cores / 8 threads, B350 based motherboard, 8GB of ram minimum (16GB recommended if possible / if you can find a decent deal... good luck though) and make sure it's supported by the motherboard's QVL. If you can squeeze a few more dollars together, get the GTX 1060 6GB version, otherwise, try for the GTX 1060 3GB version, otherwise GTX 1050. As for SSD / HDD... it's all a matter of how you use the system. Some ppl swear by them, I myself think it's a waste of money for my own use other than when I play 7D2D as that game does actually benefit from SSD performance quite a bit. As for computer case, get something with a lot of airflow and filters so you never need to worry about anything overheating. Power supply... get something 550 watts minimum and 80+ bronze rated or better

I just got back from my trip, so I'm in desperate need of a shower and food... afterwards, I'll see if I can make an example build for you with links and stuff.

This was quite the tight budget... and with Ram and Graphics card prices being ridiculous these days, 8GB of ram was the best I could do (which might affect 7D2D long term gameplay if you have other things running in the background), other than that, most other games need less ram, so it was a sacrifice I felt was worth it to fit in a GTX 1060. I even somehow managed to stay under budget which wasn't easy.

Thermaltake Versa Black Micro ATX High Airflow Tower Computer Case

ASUS Prime B350M-E Micro ATX Motherboard

EVGA GeForce GTX 1060, ACX 2.0 (Single Fan), 3GB

EVGA 80+ BRONZE 600W Power Supply

CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 8GB DDR4 SDRAM 2400 (PC4 19200) Memory, Model CMK8GX4M1A2400C14

AMD RYZEN 5 2400G Quad-Core 3.6 GHz (3.9 GHz Turbo) 4 cores / 8 threads, Processor / APU

SAMSUNG 860 EVO Series 2.5" 250GB Solid State Drive

Grand Total:* $692.66

* Not including shipping and handling

Archived