Is the new Fallout76 direct competition for 7Days to die?

knighthonor

Its a new survival game with 25 player count from what I hear, and its based on a popular IP. I wonder how this could affect the 7 Days 2 Die population

which is something I assume would affect the rate of new content being added to the console version of the game. what do you all think?

direct compition? no. effect player numbers? i would imagine so. especially if we are still waiting on a fix for the MD5s. Bathesda has a long track record of turning out high quality games with a high replayability. i know i will be focusing on FO76 when it releases. and i honestly believe 7DTD will still be unplayable, or at least still very buggy.

One could argue the fact a few games that have come out or about to come out is direct competition. This goes for any game 7dtd has been out for awhile now it isn't like game developers put a hold on games. Games will keep coming out. But for a direct competition I would say a game that is 100% voxel would have to be made to be called direct competition. Loads of survival games have came out and will keep coming out. Some of them have been fun to play and I'm sure the new ones coming out like fallout76 will be fun. But none have the type of game play as 7dtd. None of them I can go destroy the whole world ground and all if i wanted. I personally switch between games but if it is fun like 7dtd I don't stop playing them. I only have 3 games I have bought for PC and console and that is 7dtd, gta5 and conan. The rest of the games I buy I either buy for pc or buy for console so far. I will keep playing what I'm playing and will most likely buy fallout76 but will definitely keep playing 7dtd. Looking forward to seeing what they do on console for 7dtd and getting excited for A17 on PC. So between that and a few other games I will be glued to my TV screen or PC screen for awhile lol.

The gaming world will always have competition. Heck State of decay 2 just came out not to long ago. I bought it. But when you put to much hours in daily looting doesn't respawn stuff fast enough to the point if you recruit to many members. The group gets crabby fast then people may want to leave. There's like tons of zombie games coming out.

I'd probably comeback to 7dTD if it had a huge patch like fix the MD5 bug and maybe add some new things. But most my friends moved on. Then I went solo till I hit the MD5 bug like day 200+. That kinda took the wind out of my sails.

i didn't buy SoD2, it is on game pass. i have put a lot of hours into it, but it frustates the hell out of me. i get bombarded with several quests at once and have no chance ro complete them before they expire.

Archived